Room for Rent and other rental scams
#352818 by Chalise Washington Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:32 pm
I posted on Craiglist about having someone taking over my lease. The person who contacted me is named Kaitlyn Thompson.  The email is [email protected]. A check was sent to my apartment complex.  the check was cashed at my bank.  I did explain with my bank because I uncomfortable about the check but a bank representative confirm the the account was open with the bank on the check.  The bank on the check was Comeria Bank 333 West Santa Clara Street San Jose,  CA 95113.The company on the check was US Sport Camp Inc1010 B Street Suite 450 San Rafael,  CA 94901. I was getting to send the funds to a person named James Richey.  The address was 85B Littleton Drive Nashville,  TN 37220. The address is fake.  I look it up.  I keep getting contact to send the money or they will tell a family member that work for the FBI. The number I was contact we're (505)226-4171 and (614)517-1293. I was also give another address also 9111 Crossport Drive.  The supposed father stated to put his number on the wire transfer which didn't make any sense if I was suppose to sent it to a car agent to deliver a vehicle to my location.  I wanted to contact to let someone know about the situation. I have emails and text messages from this person. Im filing police report tomorrow and trying to get the situation resolved. I wish I could track the up address of these people. I just want account to be OK.
Advertisement

#352873 by Tim Atem Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:55 am
I'm sorry this happened to you. Make sure you follow through with a police report and also, file a report with IC3 http://ic3.gov/

Could you post some of the emails with your personal information removed? Especially any emails directing you to send money. This will help warn others that may be searching.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5