Room for Rent and other rental scams
#352183 by Michelle Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:15 pm
Linda Wasling <[email protected]>:

Hy ,

I am glad that you are interested to rent.
The apartment is available, it is very well maintained.
I do not speak German, please contact me in English for more details.
I'm waiting for your questions

Many Thanks!

Nice to hear from you!
I am the owner of the apartment, situated in: Dahlmannstraße 9 , 10629 Berlin, Charlottenburg, Deutschland.

Rooms : 1
Bedrooms: 1
Bathrooms: 1
Living Area approx: 52,00 m²

The apartment is fully furnished and renovated . You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you can store my furniture in the large basement cellar.
The monthly rent price is 400 EUR, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period. The apartment is in good condition, clean and ready to use. The kitchen is fully equipped.
In the apartment you find a refrigerator, a freezer, a washing machine, a dryer, an iron, an oven, a toaster, coffee maker, Internet access and Wi-Fi access.
We have the apartment since January 2015 and we lived there until last month,then my work contract ended and we returned home to Umeå, Sweden.
The apartment has public transport near and not far away of shopping center, sports club and other amenities. Pets are allowed, but I ask you everything to be kept clean. The apartment has a parking place. I have invested a substantial amount in this apartment and would be very grateful if you we would treat like being your own property. I am interested in a long-term tenant who cares about the property not to earn money by rental income .
Because of my unexpected return to Sweden its been short time to find a reliable tenant. I have the keys. Once I find a serious tenant I come back to Germany, to show it and sign the lease.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks for your time!

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#352912 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:20 pm
Betreff: HOST VERIFICATION CONFIRMATION #DE2102148620
Von: AirBnB Reservation < [email protected] >

Zentnerstr. 20, 80798 München, Deutschland
Verification process started on 15/01/2018 | #DE2102148620
Current status: Host Verified

HOST VERIFICATION CONFIRMATION BY AIRBNB
airbnb
Floor Area: 52,00 m²
Total Monthly Rent: 400,00 EUR

HOST

Mutka Wasling Michaela Linda
([email protected])
Ramvägen 2B, 90742, Umeå, Sweden

Zentnerstr. 20, 80798 München, Deutschland
Property Location Verified images
Ownership documents, Owner identification documents Ownership Verified images
Utility bills verified Last month's (12-2017) bills Verified
All bills have been paid. images

AIRBNB VERIFICATION PROCESS - 3 BASIC STEPS FOR SECURE RENTING

The Host will send to Airbnb the documents proving that he is in fact the owner of the property and last month’s bills; our team will verify the documents and bills.
After the Host is verified successfully the Potential Tenant will receive an e-mail with his verification instructions.
If the Potential Tenant verification is completed successfully Airbnb will guarantee the Tenant to the Host and to all Hosts or Property managers that use Airbnb.

How was the ownership verified?

The documents provided by the Host have been sent to our law firm and they have confirmed that Mutka Wasling Michaela Linda the actual owner with the local authorities.
The bills provided by the Host have been verified with the utilities providers like Electricity or Gas.

Any Verified Host is insured by Airbnb!

All of our verified Hosts are fully insured with a minimum of three months of rent requested.

Thank you
airbnb

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#352913 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:21 pm
Domain Name: ABNB.INFO
Registry Domain ID: D503300000055631474-LRMS
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2017-11-23T19:55:41Z
Creation Date: 2017-11-23T19:54:00Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-11-23T19:54:00Z

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#353125 by Bryon Williams Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:29 pm
Linda Wasling < [email protected] > wrote:

Hy,

The apartment is free, you can move immediately.
I am very glad that you are interested in renting.
I'm sorry, I do not speak German, so if you are interested, please contact me in English.
I'm waiting for your questions.

Thank you!

Subject: Re: Qualifizierte Anfrage zu Ihrem Objekt 102374294

Nice to hear from you!
I am the owner of the apartment, situated in: Hauffstraße 18 , 72074 Tübingen, Deutschland.

Living Area approx: 50,00 m²

The apartment is fully furnished and renovated . You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you can store my furniture in the large basement cellar.
The monthly rent price is 500 EUR, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period. The apartment is in good condition, clean and ready to use. The kitchen is fully equipped.
In the apartment you find a refrigerator, a freezer, a washing machine, a dryer, an iron, an oven, a toaster, coffee maker, Internet access and Wi-Fi access.
We have the apartment since January 2015 and we lived there until last month,then my work contract ended and we returned home to Umeå, Sweden.
The apartment has public transport near and not far away of shopping center, sports club and other amenities. Pets are allowed, but I ask you everything to be kept clean. The apartment has a parking place. I have invested a substantial amount in this apartment and would be very grateful if you we would treat like being your own property. I am interested in a long-term tenant who cares about the property not to earn money by rental income .
Because of my unexpected return to Sweden its been short time to find a reliable tenant. I have the keys. Once I find a serious tenant I come back to Germany, to show it and sign the lease.

Thanks for your time!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#353210 by Astrovenator Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:50 am
Same scam in Cologne, Germany, EU.
Same email address and email text, different details concerning the apartment. I ran the message header check and seems it's sent from San Jose, USA, while the person claims to be in Sweden. Messages follow here. Fortunately i googled it (looked suspicious) before proceeding...
If it happens to you too, please do [u]not[u] inform the scammer that they are posted here
As the emails responses are standardised, they seem kind of impersonal as well.
@Bryon, how do you plan on reporting this to the authorities?

Anfrage zu Ihrem Objekt 34a406d6-d9da-499f-bbe3-a1c2cf7d6c01

Hallo ,
Vielen Dank für Ihre Interes, um meine Wohnung zu mieten.
Sorry, ich spreche kein Deutsch, also wenn du mehr Details wünschst, bitte antworte mir auf Englisch mit all deinen Anfragen.
Auch irgendwelche anderen Details über sich selbst würden geschätzt.
Freue mich von Dir zu hören.
Dank für Ihre Zeit!

Nice to hear from you!
I am the owner of the apartment, situated in: Albertusstraße 20 , 50667 Köln, Altstadt & Neustadt-Nord, Deutschland.

Rooms : 2
Living Area approx: 78,72 m²

The monthly rent price is 700 EUR, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period. The apartment is in good condition, clean and ready to use. The kitchen is fully equipped.

Thanks for your time!

Re: 2 Zimmer; 78,72 m²

Hey ,

Thank you for your response!
The apartment it`s available for a long-term rent , so you can stay there how long you want .
As I mentioned in my first email, Ramvägen 2B, 90742, Umeå, Sweden, is my current place of residence. I am ready to travel as soon as possible back to Germany to sort out the lease. I came back once already for a supposed tenant that realized he had no enough funds so I need to be sure before my coming and understand my proposal thats is way I entrusted Airbnb which offers a simple control process for owners and new tenants. They will check me as the owner of the apartment and you as potential tenant.

Here is a brief description of the process:
- As owner I need to submit to Airbnb information about rental agreement ,copies of some documents;
- After Airbnb accepts the transaction and complete the verification of the documents has to contact you as potential tenant and check if you have enough money to rent the apartment;
- After I receive the confirmation I get back to Germany to show and sign the lease contract;

If you agree with the process, please provide the following information:
- Complete name of the future tenant;
- Current address ( street , city , country, zip code );
- Direct telephone number;
- E-mail;
- I need also a copy of your ID or passport to complete the lease agreement

The price you shall pay for 1 month of rent will be 700 Euros and I want also guarantee deposit 700 Euros ( the kaution 700 Euro you will receive back when you leave the apartment ), with no extra taxes to pay. The rent , I want to receive it monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money .

When I have the details Airbnb will contact you but you need to be sure before my coming from Sweden so it has to be fully interest from your side .

Thanks for your time!
#353323 by Bryon Williams Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:04 pm
Linda Wasling <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello ,
Nice to hear from you!
My name is Julie, I'm from Sweden and I'm very glad that you are interested to rent my apartment.
Sorry I don't speak German, so if you are really interested please reply me in English with all your questions.
Thanks for your time!

Subject: Re: Qualifizierte Anfrage zu Ihrem Objekt 102421593

Nice to hear from you!
I am the owner of the apartment, situated in: Niedenau , 62 , 60325 Frankfurt, Westend-Süd, Deutschland.

Rooms : 2
Living Area approx: 62,45 m²

The monthly rent price is 650 EUR, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period. The apartment is in good condition, clean and ready to use. The kitchen is fully equipped.

Thanks for your time!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.