Room for Rent and other rental scams
#342821 by Bryon Williams Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:38 pm
Subject: Re: Interested Renter

My name is Peter Clement Apulu the owner of the One bedroom Apartment for rent,we are looking for a responsible person that can take Very Good care of the flat..It was due to my Christian Missionary Transfer that made us to leave the flat,so we want you to take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at all time. I am now in USA right now,also i am with the keys and documents of the flat,We try to look for an agent or friends that we can give this Keys and document before we left but could not see and we dont want our flat to be used any how in our Absent that is why i brought the keys along with me here.So pls get back to me on how you could take care of our flat or perhaps experience you have in renting apartments.Hope you are okay with the price of $700 per month with utilities like :- Stove - Electric ,Refrigerator, Microwave ,Ice Maker,Full Kitchen ,Coffee maker,TV/VCR ,Stereo ,Phone ,Linens provided,High Speed Internet ,CD Player,Cable/Satellit TV,Double/twin zip &link beds and a child's cot can be provided ,Fitted wardrobe, KitchenElectric hob/oven,Kitchen utensils,Microwave ,Washer &dryer,Refrigerator & freezer ,Toaster ,Electric kettle ,Iron andironing board ,TV & DVD ,Telephone and Fast internet access ,PedestalFan ,Free parking.

Rent is $700 per month
Security deposit is $700
phone number:786-353-6958

********RENT APPLICATION FORM********

(Private and Confidential)
Also, Pls let me get answer to the application below :-
1)Your Full Name ?
2)Your Full Address Where You Reside Right Now ?
3)Reachable Mobile Phone Number ?
4)Age ?
5) Sex ?
6)Are You Married ?
7)How many people will be living in the apartment?
8Copy of Photo ID..(Optional)?
9)Do You have a Pet ?
10)Do You have a Car ?
11)Occupation ?
12) Citizen Of Which Country ?
13)How Long Did You Want To Stay ?
14)What Is Your Moving In Date ?
15) How Many Month Rent Are You Willing To Pay?

Reference
Name:
Address:
Telephone Number:
Relationship:

Address:77 Gerrard Street West Toronto (Central) Ontario, Canada M5G 2A1

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt in your name and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys to you,please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i want you to stick to your words,We are putting everything into God's hand,so please do not let us down in this property of ours and God bless you more as you do this.

Hope to read from you as soon as possible.
Thanks and GOD bless you

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#343897 by Bryon Williams Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:22 pm
peter clem <[email protected]> wrote:
Here is the information of my wife which you will fill in the form of the westernunion:

Name: DARLENE DALY
Address: 109 East Fourth Street Oil City, Pennsylvania 16301 USA

peter

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#358922 by Michelle Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 am
peter clem <[email protected]>

Thanks very much for your reply and also i can see your willingness in this rent your application for m as been approved and you are now qualify for this rent. So as we shall be renting our properties to you, please again take very good care of the apartment.Once again, we are giving you this on trust and do not disappoint us and i promise you that you will love the apartment.

Here are the contents of the packages that will be deliver to you via DHL EXPRESS COURIER SERVICE.
1)Entrance and the Rooms Keys
2)Papers
3)Payment Receipt

So i am with your informations here with me and i will like to know whether you are ready for the payment of the first and last month rent.. Let me know If I could forward you the Information on how and where to send the money through westernunion money transfer or moneygram.If the payment is confirm today the keys will be send to you and you can move in asap.. Hope to read from you soonest
Thanks and God bless

#358935 by Mike Wilson Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:55 am

Subject: Re: FreeRentAds.com - You have received a reply to your rental ad
My name is Peter Clement Apulu the owner of the One bedroom Apartment for rent,we are looking for a responsible person that can take Very Good care of the flat..It was due to my Christian Missionary Transfer that made us to leave the flat,so we want you to take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at all time. I am now in USA right now,also i am with the keys and documents of the flat,We try to look for an agent or friends that we can give this Keys and document before we left but could not see and we dont want our flat to be used any how in our Absent that is why i brought the keys along with me here.So pls get back to me on how you could take care of our flat or perhaps experience you have in renting apartments.Hope you are okay with the price of $700 per month with utilities like :- Stove - Electric ,Refrigerator, Microwave ,Ice Maker,Full Kitchen ,Coffee maker,TV/VCR ,Stereo ,Phone ,Linens provided,High Speed Internet ,CD Player,Cable/Satellit TV,Double/twin zip &link beds and a child's cot can be provided ,Fitted wardrobe, KitchenElectric hob/oven,Kitchen utensils,Microwave ,Washer &dryer,Refrigerator & freezer ,Toaster ,Electric kettle ,Iron andironing board ,TV & DVD ,Telephone and Fast internet access ,PedestalFan ,Free parking.
Rent is $700 per month
phone number:786-353-6958
********RENT APPLICATION FORM********
(Private and Confidential)
Also, Pls let me get answer to the application below :-
1)Your Full Name ?
2)Your Full Address Where You Reside Right Now ?
3)Reachable Mobile Phone Number ?
4)Age ?
5) Sex ?
6)Are You Married ?
7)How many people will be living in the apartment?
8Copy of Photo ID..(Optional)?
9)Do You have a Pet ?
10)Do You have a Car ?
11)Occupation ?
12) Citizen Of Which Country ?
13)How Long Did You Want To Stay ?
14)What Is Your Moving In Date ?
15) How Many Month Rent Are You Willing To Pay?
Reference
Name:
Address:
Telephone Number:
Relationship:
Address:77 Gerrard Street West Toronto (Central) Ontario, Canada M5G 2A1
Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt in your name and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys to you,please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i want you to stick to your words,We are putting everything into God's hand,so please do not let us down in this property of ours and God bless you more as you do this.
Hope to read from you as soon as possible.
Thanks and GOD bless you

Subject: RENT APPLICATION FORM ACCEPTED

Thanks very much for your reply and also i can see your willingness in this rent your application for m as been approved and you are now qualify for this rent. So as we shall be renting our properties to you, please again take very good care of the apartment.Once again, we are giving you this on trust and do not disappoint us and i promise you that you will love the apartment.

Here are the contents of the packages that will be deliver to you via DHL EXPRESS COURIER SERVICE.
1)Entrance and the Rooms Keys
2)Papers
3)Payment Receipt

So i am with your informations here with me and i will like to know whether you are ready for the payment of the first and last month rent.. Let me know If I could forward you the Information on how and where to send the money through westernunion money transfer or moneygram.If the payment is confirm today the keys will be send to you and you can move in asap.. Hope to read from you soonest
Thanks and God bless

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#376494 by Mike Wilson Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:15 am
[email protected]

This scammer wanted the payment sent via iTune cards. This type of payment does not offer any buyer protections and is untraceable once the cards are redeemed.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon