Room for Rent and other rental scams
#365486 by Bryon Williams Thu May 24, 2018 3:54 pm
Subject: C/o Mr James Babb

ATTN: Mohit Gaind,

My name is Jonathan Burk, an accountant and practicing attorney for almost three decades, has represented clients before state and local courts, federal and state administrative agencies as well as in multi-state arbitration matters. I'm currently and has represented clients before the Internal Revenue Service Examination and Collection Divisions, Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division, Internal Revenue Service District Counsel Office, Netherlands Attorney's General Office for three federal districts, American Department of Justice Tax Division, Toronto Department of Taxation and Finance, Quebec Board of Tax Appeals, Quebec Attorneys General Office. I have represented various Fortune 500 business executives, medical and legal professionals, religious leaders, entrepreneurs, regional certified public accounting firms, entrepreneurs and commercial and residential real estate developers.

I'm the solicitor of Mr James Babb . I received the copy of the security deposit payment receipt of $400CAD you sent to me yesterday. I tried submiting the lease agreement document this morning to the Housing Municipal Council for notarization and endorsement, but the lease agreement was returned unnotarized because the lease agreement is not in-line with the rental law codes. The rental law code under Article 7: Landlord and Tenant, Section, Section 221: Rent/Security deposit stated thus;

1.1) No landlord shall collect more than 100% equivalent amount of first month rent from Canadian citizen or resident permit card holder prospective tenant, first month rent must be paid by Non-citizen or resident permit card holder and four hundred dollars as security deposit from Non-Canadian/International prospective tenants for a property of one bedroom apartment below.

1.2) No landlord shall hold unto the security deposit beyond last day of the lease agreement, but it can be converted to house rent if it's suitable and agree by the both parties.

(The clause that applies to you is highlighted in yellow and bold.)
Based on this, you still have outstanding payment of first month rent of 700 CAD to meet up with the official required first month rent and security deposit, making total amount of 1,100 CAD to pay to meet up the official/legal required rent and security deposit from Non-Canadian citizen or residence. This comes to be due to the fact that the building is affiliated to the Toronto Housing Municipal council, and Government must be aware of all tenants that occupy every of the apartments in the building. I was asked to resubmit your file along with the payment receipt of additional required 700 CAD to complete the official required first month rent and security deposit.

Though, your landlord (Mr James Babb) is really reluctant to have me send this message to you, because he doesn't want anything that will cause discomfort to you, because the fault is from his end but we don't have choice than to let you know in order to fashion way out to solve this issue on ground ASAP, because you can't occupy or move into the property without having the lease agreement notarize and endorsed by the Toronto Housing Municipal council and we must have your data registered with them, doing anything contrary to this will render you as illegal occupant of the property. But I think I have delivered on my own responsibility, so you should just try to get in touch with your landlord and discuss best way to solve this issue, so we can get going.

Thank you!
Jonathan Burk Esq
(SAC, LAC, EPAC)
LAW OFFICES OF Jonathan Burk

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement