Room for Rent and other rental scams
#120670 by Michelle Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:09 am
trine:

With regard to the scammer having a copy of your passport: I have no doubt that the he will open a new e-mail address with a similar name to your own and pretend to be you; therefore I suggest that you contact the police and explain the circumstances. If the imposter is successful, and someone looses money to him, it could be you that the authorities come looking for in the first instance.

Advertisement

#123337 by may9988 Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:28 am
I looking for a flat to share thru flatshare.com and within just 30minutes after I post, this Alison Alison Lindsay using the [email protected] . As of now, Im only exchange 2 emails with her and she actually using the same message as per below. Thank God I googled about her and found about this forum. Can you guys suggest what I should do next? What can I do in order to report her to the police. Im now in Malaysia btw going to London end of this September.

Alison Alison Lindsay [email protected]
4:04 PM (1 hour ago)

to me

Hello Zulaikha

I’m a respectful lady born in the UK . I am a student and also work in financial services at a respectable company here in town.

I am 23 years of age and very friendly .

I am neat and clean, but not obsessive about it. I guess I have a
“you use it, you clean it” way of looking at things. I don’t smoke, and I don’t have
a pet but im pet friendly, I’m happy to chip in that i live alone in the flat at the
moment and im looking to rent out the vacant room.

So...there's that .....now about the Flat

WLAN internet facilities, Cable, A/C,Internet 24/7 etc included.
It has central heating
26" Flat Screen TV
Laundry room in building ( washing machine, dryers)
Renovated, Fully fitted kitchen with fridge, washing machine & microwave and dishwasher.

The monthly rent is £550 Utilities included and Council tax inclusive and a security deposit of £60 for the room.

Location of Apartment :102 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LA

Let me know if you are interested so we can discuss more and kindly send me some details about you

Regards

Alison
#367519 by elinsjom Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:10 am
Hi,
I know its been a while but do any of you still have the copy of Lindsays passport or any other information? I got scammed by her too and am currently in the process of opening a legal case against her. Any information could help.

Many thanks,

Elin Sjödahl
#367520 by AlanJones Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:22 am
I'm sorry, but you are wasting your time with legal action.

The scammer is almost certainly overseas and using totally fake details. Any Id documents provided by the scammer will either be fake or stolen from a victim of an earlier scam.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.