Room for Rent and other rental scams
#369280 by Michelle Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:59 pm
[email protected]

Top of the day to you! .. First I must congratulate you for the fact that you have been accepted to be my new tenant who will be staying in my apartment,after going through your application I was convinced and decided to give you a trial of accepting you. Please all i want you to do is to take good care of my place now that you' ll be living there which I' m sure you will enjoy your stay in there, as you take good care of the unit may the good Lord keep blessing you and grant all your heart desire(AMEN).I will be heading to DHL Office now to arrange for the shipment of the package to you next day delivery.I will email you the tracking number from the courier service immediately i get the payment confirmation from you.

The contents of the package are;
-- Bunch of Keys to the property.
-- Lease agreement
-- Documents containing property location and description.(map & sketch)
-- Tenancy agreement and policy.
-- Receipts. ( Once the payment is confirm).

I want you to know for sure your security deposit will be refund back to you at the end tenancy, So I want you to proceed with the Security deposit Payment and a month rent, so that I can use proceed in writing the receipts and sign all the necessary papers before the shipping of the package will occur. The deposit and the rent is refundable if by any means you want it back and decide not to rent the place. I will go and confirm the payment and sign all the documents and proceed with the shipping once the payment is confirm.

You can go ahead and get the payment available via Money Gram or Western union outlet.

Here is the Information for the payment.

Name: Thomas Darcy

Address: 47 Gold Krist,Tandang Sora
City: Quezon City
State: Manila
Zipcode: 1116

RENT: $1,200/MONTH

DEPOSIT: $500 (REFUNDABLE AT THE END OF TENANCY)

I really appreciate your willingness in renting my place and i promise you that you will never regret taking my place. I have taken time to go over your application form and i am so impressed and can't stop having the feeling that my place will be well kept by you as promised, and moreso something came to my mind and i felt it'll be better to discuss it with you. Well i'm sure i'll have you wondering what it is...LOL. Anyways its not something scary or that serious, i just wanted to know if you could provide me with one or a couple of your picture so as for me to have an idea who my new tenant is and how you look like (no offense).Once you make the payment with the Money Transfer Service. I will email you the tracking number of the package from DHL.Hoping to read from you with the payment confirmation. Please I want you to take good care of the place and If there is any repair, please do not hesitate to contact me.I congratulate you once again!

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement