Room for Rent and other rental scams
#369282 by Bryon Williams Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:31 pm
Robert Glen < [email protected] > wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting me about the condo at 10 Rogers St APT 415, Cambridge, MA 02142

If you don't mind read the lines underneath before asking me something, it might contain an answer for your demand!

About me:

My name is Robert A. Glen, and I work as State Bank Commissioner/State of Delaware. I'm not proposing to make a business or a benefit with it, I essentially need to find the right occupant, some person who will treat and care my home like his own. I bought this apartment from my daughter during her studies, but now she is back home permanently, so I am renting the place for unlimited time.

Rental conditions:

Unfortunately I can not be available to bargain face to face deal due the big distance between us! For me this will not be a problem since I decided to involve AIRBNB long term lease (I will cover all the agent charges) for this rental to take place perfectly and in legal terms. I hope you are familiar with it, if not I will explain how it works in my next email.
The rent for 1 month is $1,800.
The lease is flexible, can be month to month, min stay 2 month - max 5/6 years.
For 12 months rental, the last month will be free!

About condo :

- The flat is exactly as in the photos, furnished and renovated.
- Pets are allowed and no more than 2, no additional fees!
- The utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet access, digital TV, dishwasher, microwave, fridge, washing machine, etc.) are included in the rental price, also you will have 1 parking space available. The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contract will be signed for.

Try not approaching me at a lower cost, it will be a waste of time!

Much appreciated !

Subject: Re: 10 Rogers St

Hi xxxxxx,

Many thanks for your email, unfortunately I can not be present to deal in person but for me this will not be a problem, since i have arrange to rent the apartment through Airbnb, (I have paid some additional fees for this type of service), which is the largest international website that deals specifically in properties of rents. An agent from them will show you the apartment if you are really interested to rent, due to the significant distance between us, I'm afraid this is the only option how I can proceed, as I can't set up a viewing with all the persons that look to be interested, but in fact they weren't so impressed to finalize the rental process, and this kind of service is very expensive, and I have to pay for it even if the potential tenant doesn't rent the flat for various reasons. I hope you understand my point of view.

Let me know if I will go ahead with the lease application

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement