Room for Rent and other rental scams
#369364 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:46 pm
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Kamval Bansal
Subject: Parkview Tower Ambleside Beach!! - 555 13th St, West Vancouver, BC V7T 2N8, Canada

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my apartment (1bed/1bath) located at: 555 13th St, West Vancouver, BC V7T 2N8, Canada. I have attached you the pictures so you can see that is in excellent condition. My job is a chemical engineer and the company I work for they had a project there in Canada that was suppose to be for the next 10 years so I've decided to buy an apartment for me and my family. Unfortunately the project I was working in Canada has been cancelled or it's on stand-by because of the Government of Canada. Therefore I was moved to the United Kingdom department where I already signed a job contract for the next 6 years.

The rent for the whole apartment is $1015/month utilities included (heat, hydro, water, electricity, maintenance fees, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet). In case repairs are need in the apartment the building management will help you and I will cover the costs. Pets are allowed. I'm looking for someone to rent anywhere from 3 months to 6 years or more. I know the price is below the market but I'm interested in finding the right person for the apartment that will take good care of the place. If you decide to sign the lease agreement the monthly payments can be sent through E-transfer, Bank Wire or any other payment method that is convenient for you. You can also rent the apartment furnished or unfurnished and the rent will NOT increase.

A professional property management company will make the necessary arrangements for both us because it's the first time I'm renting an apartment and I think it's much easier this way.

I would really appreciate a description of yourself so I can make an idea who will rent the place. How many people will stay in the apartment, where do you work, how long are you planning to stay in the apartment.

I don't have time to waste so please reply me ONLY if you are really interested.

Thank you for your time!

Regards,
Kamval Bansal

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement