Room for Rent and other rental scams
#369455 by Michelle Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:28 am

Hi,

Good morning,

The apartment is still available.

My name is Craig, I'm from Alexandria, Virginia, US. In 2013 we bought the apartment for my son, he finished the studies at the University of Ottawa, and now the apartment is vacant. Since I do not want to sell the apartment, I decided to rent it for the long term. The apartment is nice, clean, quiet and ready to be occupied with immediate effect. It has all the necessary amenities, such as cable TV, high speed internet, air conditioning, private parking. Well-behaved pets are welcome. In the monthly rent of $1,200 will be included the hydro and one parking place. I have attached few more pics for you so you can see the entire apartment; https://imgur.com/a/tGtyQXs . How long do you want to rent the apartment? How many persons will leave there? What is the the renting period? Where have you lived before? Have you an Canadian bank account? Please, provide information's about you. I am looking for an honest person, that keep's the apartment clean and in good condition. If you are interested in the apartment, I would like to receive a contact in the future.

Kind Regards,

Craig

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#369675 by Michelle Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:50 pm
Harold Craig Frew <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello

Very kind from your part to tell me some info's about you. I like also say something about me. My wife and I are 50 something couple married for almost 30 years. Almost empty nester's. We have 3 kids and one grandson. We love to travel and see the world. We also love live music.

Like I’ve told you, I live in the US and the keys of the apartment are here with me as I do not have any friends or another person back in Canada to take you for a tour of the apartment. I would like to use Airbnb.com (https://airbnb.com/trust) to close the agreement because last month I took two days off from my job and came to show the apartment to a person that was interested to rent it and when I arrived there he called me and said that is no longer interested in my apartment. I have lost money and time. I would not like that to happen again that is why I have left a copy of the keys with Airbnb. My Airbnb profile is https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/103162301 . They will send an agent and you will visit the apartment in his presence. You will be able to sign the contract with them in case you decide to rent my apartment. They will also handle the money and the documents so both of us will be protected and secured. As I told you, the rent for 1 month is $980. And I will ask you $1,000 as warranty ( in case of any damage in the apartment ), for the apartment which will be refunded to you at the end of the contract. Please let me know if you are ready to start the transaction. If you will like the apartment you can move in from the day of the visit and you will receive the keys from the Airbnb agent.

Kind Regards,
Craig

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#369742 by Santiago R Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:44 pm
Hi

I receive the same email but with few different changes

Hello Santiago ,

The apartment is still available.

My name is Craig, I'm from Alexandria, Virginia, US. In 2014 we bought the apartment for my son, he finished the studies at the Mississauga, and now the apartment is vacant. Since I do not want to sell the apartment, I decided to rent it for the long term. The apartment is nice, clean, quiet and ready to be occupied with immediate effect. It has all the necessary amenities, such as cable TV, high speed internet, air conditioning, private parking. Well-behaved pets are welcome. In the monthly rent of $990 will be included the hydro and one parking place. I have attached few more pics for you so you can see the entire apartment; https://imgur.com/a/23UJGX1 . How long do you want to rent the apartment? How many persons will leave there? What is the the renting period? Where have you lived before? Have you an Canadian bank account? Please, provide information's about you. I am looking for an honest person, that keep's the apartment clean and in good condition. If you are interested in the apartment, I would like to receive a contact in the future.

Kind Regards,

Craig