Room for Rent and other rental scams
#378359 by Michelle Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:24 pm
Sabine Engel <[email protected]>

Sadly, we are not in the city to to show you the apartment personally because we decided to rent it after we left to Germany.
We made the photos just before we left so the apartment is fully mobilated exactly like in the photos. We have a basement in the building where you can put everything you don't need.
As I said, because we are not in the city, we want to make the deal through Airbnb(in this way they will show you the apartment for us), so if you're interested let me know so I can explain the entire procedure.
Thank you, Sabine

Sabine Engel <[email protected]>

I will explain exactly how this will work: I will send you the link to my listing on airbnb and you must book the apartment for minimum 2 Months.
You will have to fill up the booking page with your details. After you complete it, you will receive per email the booking confirmation and payment details( from this moment you have 24 hours to complete the payment).
After you solve the payment, you must send me the proof, so I can confirm with airbnb that you made the payment and won the apartment.
When the payment is confirmed by airbnb, in maximum 48 hours, but usually it takes around 24 hours, they will contact you to establish a meeting so you can see the apartment.
When you will go to see the apartment you must decide if you want to stay there or not.
If you want to stay, they will transfer the payment to me and give you the keys with contract for the entire period that you want to stay.
If you don't want to stay, you will get a full refund from airbnb, directly to your bank account.
Let me know if you understand and also if agree so I can send you the link and solve everything.
Also make sure that you have the entire amount in your bank account, for minimum 2 months + deposit (that will be 660 X 2 + 600 = 1920 euro).
After this first 2 months you will send the rent directly to my bank account, month by month.
Thank you, Sabine

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or Notification -- Make no mistake, the Document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement