Room for Rent and other rental scams
#378361 by Michelle Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:29 pm

Thanks for the mail, I'm so sorry for my late reply, I have been extremely busy.

I'm renting out this property due to my transfer from my working place.

It's a beautiful back house, with car park w/additional off street parking and close to all amenities.

Monthly Rent is $700

Refundable Deposit is: $500

Kindly get back to me if you are interested

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#378654 by Michelle Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:03 pm

Glad to read back from you and you can live there as long as you want but you will need to inform me once it's about a month to leave so that i can look for a good tenant like you. I really do not know how we can go about the viewing or meeting each other to discuss about the rental processing because we are already in Kansas and we came along with all our property documents and the keys i hope you completely understand us, we try to look for an agent to take over the property before our leaving but we couldn't found one, it was urgent we need to leave as soon as possible that's why we decided to put up the property for rent online.

The property is located on 3713 W Shakespeare Ave, Chicago, IL 60647. Please Swing by and check the property from outside , no doubt the house is beautiful. I'm deeply sorry i hope you will completely understand us.

Please call me on my cell phone (646) 397-0814. I will be unable to answer the phone during working hours but always check my messages on breaks you can always text me and i will text back asap.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or Notification -- Make no mistake, the Document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#378700 by Michelle Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:30 am
Larry foulk <[email protected]>

I must tell you that my family and i are full of gladness and we are so excited about all this. The necessary documents and keys of the place will be mail to your address as soon as the payment is confirm and i will get back to you with the shipping confirmation receipt and other necessary shipping info the next day. Below is my personal assistant information to send the rent and deposit of $1000 payment and all you have to do is to locate a nearest Walmart and send the money through Walmart 2 Walmart. I will need your full name and address to sen the keys and paperwork.

Receivers info : L. Alberto Dominguez, Topeka Kansas 66607

As soon as you send the payment, you would be given some information. You would have to get back to me with:

Full Senders Name:
Full Senders Address:
Reference #:
Amount Sent:

Thank you

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.