Room for Rent and other rental scams
#366969 by Bryon Williams Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:35 pm
Subject: Re: I am interested in 1420 NW Lovejoy St APT 617, PORTLAND, OR 97209

Prospective Tenant,

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. I am the owner of the house you are making inquiry of. The house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the property. The apartment will be available for a period of 5 years or more. My Family and I just traveled to Nevada for a program called Health Resources and Services Administration(HRSA), the program is taking place in three major countries in Europe, UK, USA where I and my family are currently located..Right now.

I'm in need of a good and responsible tenant that can move in into my property and take very good care and maintain it in my absence. We will be away for a while that is why we made up our mind to put it our for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it. Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this property and want you to treat it as your own.

AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Fireplace, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer/Dryer.Utilities include Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas and Electricity with two parking space attached to you.

The money is not the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as I always stand on my word.

Property location:.1420 NW Lovejoy St Apt 617 Portland, OR 97209
Bedroom:1
Bathrooms:1
Sqft:649
Type:Condo
Pet friendly:Cats,small dogs and other
Monthly Rent:.............$580
Security Deposit: $580
Move in Ready.

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW:

RENT APPLICATION FORM.
FIRST NAME:________________
MIDDLE NAME: ________________
LAST NAME: _________________
PROFESSION: ________________
(CELL)PHONE ()_________
(CELL)PHONE () _____________________
(WORK)PHONE () __________
YOUR EMAIL: ____________________________
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY _______
PRESENT ADDRESS: ____________________
CITY: ______________
STATE: _____________
ZIP CODE: _______________
HOW LONG? ____________
IF RENTING WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? IF THIS Home IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING?______________
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________
MONTHLY INCOME:
IF YOU HAVE A PET: NAME OF PET: _____________
KIND OF PETS: _____________
HABITS,DO YOU SMOKE? ___________
DO YOU DRINK? ______________
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT?____
YOUR PICTURE OR FAMILY PICTURE(IF ANY):could be attached with the application

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible. As i am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the house and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.

In case you see any sign board, they are the Realtor in charge of my house before I decided to take over by my self. I am no more working with them and don't bother to contact them because formerly i wanted to sell the house before me and my Lovely Family now decided to rent it out instead of selling it out.

Thanks for choosing my home and remain bless.

Director of Health.
Dominic Vincent Edgar

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#366988 by Bryon Williams Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:32 pm

Prospective Tenant,

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. I am the owner of the house you are making inquiry of. The house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the property. The apartment will be available for a period of 5 years or more. My Family and I just traveled to Nevada for a program called Health Resources and Services Administration(HRSA), the program is taking place in three major countries in Europe, UK, USA where I and my family are currently located..Right now.

I'm in need of a good and responsible tenant that can move in into my property and take very good care and maintain it in my absence. We will be away for a while that is why we made up our mind to put it our for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it. Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this property and want you to treat it as your own.

AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Fireplace, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer/Dryer.Utilities include Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas and Electricity with two parking space attached to you.

The money is not the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as I always stand on my word.

Property location:10750 Wilshire Blvd Apt 204 Los Angeles, CA 90024
Bedroom:2
Bathrooms:2
Sqft:1,550
Monthly Rent:.............$640
Security Deposit: $640
Move in Ready.

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW:

RENT APPLICATION FORM.
(CELL)PHONE ()_________
HOW LONG? ____________
MONTHLY INCOME:

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible. As i am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the house and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.

In case you see any sign board, they are the Realtor in charge of my house before I decided to take over by my self. I am no more working with them and don't bother to contact them because formerly i wanted to sell the house before me and my Lovely Family now decided to rent it out instead of selling it out.

Director of Health,
Dominic Vincent Edgar.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#370129 by Bryon Williams Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:15 pm
Subject: 545 W Portland St,Phoenix, AZ 85003
Reply-To: [email protected]

Hello,

I'm in need of a good and responsible tenant that can move in into my apartment and take very good care of property and maintain it in my absence. We will be away for a while that is why we made up our mind to put up our house for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it. Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own. Utilities include Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas and Electricity. The money is not the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as I always stand on my word.

Kindly note that all facilities are in the Condo fully furnished,Tv,cable,internet, Refrigerator, Oven, Microwave,Parking and storage,care park etc...so you don"t have to bring in anything except you have in addition to move in which is accepted by me and also note that the apartment have general maintenance engineer that we been taking of every issue that arise so you dont have to pay for any extra charges.

Address:545 W Portland St,Phoenix, AZ 85003
Bedroom:2
Bathrooms:2
sqft:1447
Rent:.............$680
Security Deposit: $680

RENT APPLICATION FORM.
(CELL)PHONE ()_________
HOW LONG? ____________
MONTHLY INCOME:

Respectfully submitted,
Ernest Taylor.

Sounds safe. It's not!

#381832 by KHenriq91 Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:19 pm
I think this is the same guy I've been emailing back and forth.

Definitely a scam, refuses to meet in person or show the actual property until you send money and will not answer any questions just keeps talking in circles. Also gave me an attitude when I asked for his name. Said he signed it with the application form "don't you read carefully?" (Lol) The name he used to sign was Lena Ranone.

The number listed on the application form is 762-233-0297.

I googled this number and it seems like alot of people have caught on to it. However I also came across this German bridal dress website with that number attached. Not sure if he just stole the number or if its connected somehow.

The email he used was [email protected]

He posted a bunch of other listings within the same area which had to be him (too good to be true) I reported all of the listings and went as far as reporting him to the federal bureau but it doesn't help that he won't share his name.

This was the original email:

Hello sorry for the late response,

We are pleased that you have an interest in our house, Our lovely home is still available for lease and we want a responsible adults/family who are neat and also believe that they have what it takes to take good care of our house as if it were theirs. My wife and I initially had it up for sale but had a change of mind in leasing it out ourselves because the agent that was in charge of our rental property was asking too much of an agent fee and also making it difficult for people who cannot afford the rent, stay away from renting my house.

The reason why our house is up for lease is because I got transferred from my place of work to OHIO. I will be away with my family for at least 10 to 15 years because of the love I have for them, I have decided not to sell our house and also assuring them that we only have few years to spend here and will be willing to lease it out to person/family who is willing to assure us of taking absolute care of our home and pay their rent on time. I will start by telling you more in regards me and my family. I have a twin daughters named Leslie and Lydia (10 years old).

I work as a Construction Engineer here in OHIO and got married to a lovely wife. We will be very pleased if we can find the right tenant to rent our home, a person who is a clean freak and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirt... We also would like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our home. Drive by Immediately and take a look at the house neighborhood and environs so that we could proceed.

There is also a rent to own option on the house.

House Address
171 Broadway, Lynn, MA
Monthly Fee $1000
Security Deposit: $1000

Pets Allowed: Yes

Available: Available Now for move in.

So pls get back to me today.
I await your reply ASAP.

The rental fee is inclusive with utilities and my home available as at this moment. As soon as you get back to me I will email a rental application form for you to fill and get back to us with your information so that we can know you better.

So please get back to me today.I await your reply ASAP.

Lena Ranone