Room for Rent and other rental scams
#382971 by Michelle Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:19 pm
Mario Dellano <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in :Rector de Somerplein 11 3000 Leuven. It has 2 bedrooms, living room, bathroom and kitchen. I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies in Belgium, but now she's back home permanently, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time.
The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished and renovated: https://www.use.com/Oh0Vk Also, very important, the utility bills are included in the price of €600/month. As for me, you can rest assured that I will never ask you to leave the apartment. My daughter is building her life here, and I am too old to move to Belgium, so we won't disturb you.
You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a very large and well ventilated cellar, where you can store my furniture.
Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is Mario Dellano and I'm a 52 years old structural engineer and I work for MWH Global Engineering. I worked hard to have a good career and I really respect hard earned money. The company I work for they have projects all around the world so most of my time I'm traveling.
I'm in Roma/Italy now and I work for a new project here and the only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave Roma even for one single day. We just hired some new staff and I'm in charge of their training.
But this won't affect you at all. I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from Roma (on my expense of course).

Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you.

How long do you want the property for ?
When do you want the lease to begin from what date ?
Your occupation ?
Financial situation ?
Monthly Income ?
Nationality ?
Phone Number ?

Looking forward to hear from you soon.
All the best from Italy!

Mario Dellano <[email protected]> wrote:
At this moment I'm in Italy and can not be present to deal face to face. I can make arrangements to rent the apartment through Airbnb ( www.airbnb.com ) which is an international company dealing specifically in rentals apartments, I used it in the past and I was very pleased with their services. On the Airbnb page, it can be booked without commission since I don't have to use 3rd party real estate agencies and you and me are covered by Airbnb policies in case of bad tenants. I will contact Airbnb company and they will start the process right away. Next you will receive a notification message from them containing all the instructions that you need to follow in order to complete the process and receive the keys. In order to view the apartment you will receive an access code for the secure box, so you can unlock it and get the keys. You will receive an access code once they receive the payment for the first month of rent and the refundable deposit. Regarding the payment it has to be completed before they release the keys to the renter, the payment is transferred to Airbnb and they will hold and insure your money until you check the apartment. The payment has to be completed in 24 hours from the moment you receive the invoice. You will be given a 2 days inspection period from the day you get the keys and contract that you will only sign after you check the apartment. During this period you can take a decision. If you like the apartment then you will sign the rental contract. If you will not be satisfied with the apartment the total amount will be refunded to you that same day and all the fees are supported by me.

If you accept the Airbnb policy please let me know so that I can register the transaction with Airbnb and move forward.

My WhatsApp number: +393512032789

Kind Regards

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement