Room for Rent and other rental scams
#373842 by Michelle Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:57 am

Thanks for the quick response. However, At this stage that you want to rent my apartment, i need to ask few questions from you.

1. How many people will be living in the Apartment?
2. How many months do you intend to rent and pay for?

We require the security deposit and 1 month rent payment upfront to secure the apartment but before that, i will need some information from you to draft a contract which you will print and bring along with you on your move in date.

Your full name:
Present address:
Confirmed moving in date:
Confirmed moving out date:
Phone Number :

Kindly get back to me with these information so that i can tell you how to proceed with the payment. Feel free to contact me on 415-663-7201, if i do not answer, you may leave a voice note, and i will shortly get back to you.

Regards..

Paul

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#395321 by Michelle Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:21 am

Attached is the lease agreement.

Kindly get them signed and scan back to me asap.

Payment Information
====================
The Payment must be sent to the Rental Accountant ( Mary Newsome ) .

By Zelle, to the below Number

[email protected]

Or by wire transfer to the below account details..

Name : Mary Newsome
Account Number : 7918841748
Routing Number : 111900659
Bank Name : Wells Fargo Bank

Memo : Payment from "Shin Lee"

As soon as the payment is confirmed, the receipt of payment will be forwarded to you.

And the Apartment would be reserved for your arrival or moving in date.

Lastly, i need to let you know that in case you change your mind at the last minute about renting the apartment, the lease agreement can be terminated and your full payment will be refunded on the spot without no penalty.

Kindly get back to me asap.

Thank you

Paul

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.