Room for Rent and other rental scams
#397274 by Michelle Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:49 am
Casey J. Joseph - IADC Certified Engineer <[email protected]>

Subject: Zillow rental - 2 Bathrooms, 2 Bedrooms, 1360 ft2 apartment on 154 Belmont Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07304

Hello , thank you for your inquiry,
First of all, sorry for the late reply I had a terrible week and confronted a terrible storm out here.
The apartment I own on 154 Belmont Ave is available and ready to move in as we speak at a monthly rent of 940.00 for the entire property.

I would need a few rental details as well, how long do you plan to rent, starting when? Also can you please confirm your phone number .
I'm currently on an oil rig but I could plan a swing back to arrange a showing. I'm sure you will love it, no one lived there since I've taken the photos.

A few things about myself, I'm 54 years old and I am inspecting offshore oil rigs. Most of the time I am offshore, I return a few times/year.
Now a few things about the apartment to refresh your memory: The utilities and HOA are included in rent, it is a 2 Bathrooms, 2 Bedrooms, 1360 ft2 apartment. Also the parking is included, there is a private garage.
The apartment is furnished just like in the photos I sent you, it also has a washer/dryer. I will move my extra furniture in the storage if you have your own, you choose what will remain, so basically, you can rent it with or without my furniture.
What else...? the neighborhood is very safe, behaved pets are permitted (no pet fee).

The rent is for the whole apartment, I will not stay there when I return because I have another home from the oil company.
If interested, please give me some details about you (age, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant).

The move in-amount will be the first month + one deposit.

P.S. I tried to send you the photos but I got an error (can you check please if you received them?), or can you add me or my email address to your contact list? Maybe that's why it doesn't go through.

Thank you for your time,
~Stay safe out there~
Casey James Joseph - IADC Certified Engineer

INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF DRILLING CONTRACTORS (IADC)
3657 Briarpark Drive, Houston, TX 77042 USA

Confidentiality Notice: The material contained in or accompanying this electronic transmission may contain confidential information which is the property of IADC - International Association of Drilling Contractors and is legally privileged. The information is intended only for the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please notify us immediately.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement