Room for Rent and other rental scams
#397487 by Michelle Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:43 pm
Luuk Van Thijs <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your email regarding my apartment. My name is Luuk Van Thijs and I'm originally from Amsterdam, Netherlands. I have worked in the United States three years and I bought the apartment during my stay there. I'm the owner of it. Now, I have moved with my work in Madrid, Spain for the next 3 years and I'm interested in renting through Airbnb only for a long term, minimum of 6 months.

This is a 2 bedroom with two bathrooms apartment. It's fully furnished and it was renovated 2 months ago.
The Address is: 32 Traveler St #302 Boston, MA 02118

The rental price per month is $800.00 which covers all the utilities, such as power, water, dishwasher, sewer and trash. The rent will be paid month by month. This price is for the entire apt, you will now share with nobody else. Also, the security deposit is $800.00. You will receive this money back on the same day when you leave the apartment, so the total to move in is $1,600.00.

Before going any further, I would like to know more about you, like:
- your occupation;
- how many people will live in the apartment;
- When do you want to move in
- how many months you want to rent the apartment.

If you are interested please let me know, I will explain how you can rent my apartment through Airbnb.

Best wishes,
Luuk Van Thijs

Luuk Van Thijs <[email protected]>

Hi again,

As I've told in my previous email, I will rent the apartment through Airbnb. I don't know if you have used Airbnb before. Airbnb is the biggest rental company in the world, you can rent a property everywhere in the world and if something goes wrong you are covered and protected by them. If it's something you don't like it, or if the apartment isn't as was described, you will receive a full refund with no further questions in 24 hours, but I'm sure you will love my apt and this will not happen. On the move-in day, you will meet with an Airbnb agent in front of the apt, he/she will give you the keys and show you the apartment.

Right now I will list the apartment on Airbnb and they will send you a link where you need to book your stay and complete the payment for your reservation within 24 hours.

To make the Airbnb listing I need few details from you:

1. complete name;
2. a picture of your ID;
3. your email address;
4. the date when you want to move in;
5. how many person will stay there
6. your phone number

Thanks,
Luuk Van Thijs

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement