Room for Rent and other rental scams
#400287 by AlanJones Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:43 am
Subject: Re: North York, ON - 5500 Yonge St - 2 bedrooms for rent apartment

Hi,

Thank you for contacting me about my apartment...The apartment is still available for rent.
Its fully furnished, could be rented unfurnished, too. Same price if unfurnished, all the utilities are included (water, garbage, electricity, heat, etc). Pets are allowed. The entire apartment is for rent and the price per month is $850.

Has elevator, washer/dryer in unit, A/C, dishwasher, parking, safe neighborhood, nice neighbors, very quiet, no noise, close to transportation and everything else.

Address:
5500 Yonge St, North York, ON, M2N 7L1

Photos here (real and actual pictures):
www.irista.com/gallery/btrtj7o5hsmu

Let me know if you are still interested?

Thank you

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#400288 by AlanJones Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:44 am
Hi again,

Just a few more info. The rent per month for the entire unit is $850 per month.
We are asking for the 1st month rent payment plus last month (security deposit), so, a total of $1700. Its a 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms, 1320 sq ft, floor #8, washer/dryer in unit, A/C, dishwasher, balcony, parking--1 garage included in the rent, also internet, safe neighborhood, nice neighbors, very quiet, no noise, close to transportation and everything else. It's fully furnished, but i can rent it unfurnished too, same price if unfurnished, i am going to use a moving company if you want it unfurnished. As i said pets are allowed. Building has maintenance-included in the rent. The length of the lease is flexible: long/short term.

I am waiting for other questions you might have. And tell me a little about yourself, please.

Let me know.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#400289 by AlanJones Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:44 am
Hi,

OK. Can you tell me, please, what is your desired move in date?

Please let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Duco Van Den Broecke. I live in Leiden, Netherlands, i am a plastic surgeon here.. The apartment was purchased for my daughter during her college and then we used it for short term rentals, then she redecorated it and now we rent it for long term.

My daughter is now in Netherlands, too. So, we have to find a proper way for you and us to safely get what we are after.

You can read some reviews about us and about the apartment on our Flipkey page from previous renters:

http://finechannel.info/78278

I have used an URL shortener service because the Flipkey link is too long, click the above link and look at our reviews.
As well, try not to use the Chrome browser, now sure why, but it shows an error and then the short link gets automatically deleted.

See who we are and how we treat our guests to say so. Search about me on google, youtube.

Please let me know if you know this 2 companies:

https://flipkey.com -- a TripAdvisor company - probably you have used this company for your travels or reviews about destinations, etc, make a research online.
https://keycafe.com/keyexchange -- an awesome company for key exchange, find online articles if you haven't heard of them.

Read, inform yourself about this two companies and let me know.

I want to use this 2 companies for key exchange and payment.

If you ok with this, i will send you an email to describe how i am thinking to do this. Also, if you want to exchange IDs ok, if not, its ok, too.

Thank you,
Duco