Room for Rent and other rental scams
#400518 by Michelle Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:13 am
[email protected] +44 7771 096990

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#400677 by lamanaliyeva Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:22 pm
Hi!

Three days ago I got scammed! Person named Carla contacted via rooming.nl and asked for my Whatsapp. then we texted there. The number she wrote me from was exactly the one you mentioned here!

At the end, I haven't checked the link and etc. and paid 1100 euro via fake Airbnb link. She also used this email address [email protected].

I contacted my bank so they try to get money back. However, they don't guarantee anything.

They suggested me to report to police. However, I do not know how to prove it. I have just fake Airbnb invoice and e-mails. The link for apartment does not work anymore, of course.

Please, advise me something.

Thank you in advance! And be careful!
#400703 by asyag Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:10 am
Same happened to me yesterday - i transferred £1200 and two hours later realised it was a fraud. My starting point was a listing on roomster, it is not there any longer but I have the screenshots. I also have the screenshots of the link that mimics Airbnb. My tabs stayed open in the browser - this is how i grabbed the screenshots.

I have authorised my bank to begin an investigation to obtain the stolen money.

I want to call the police but would like your opinion first - have you done it already?

Many thanks!!

Asya