Room for Rent and other rental scams
#387705 by cbeaz2012 Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:20 pm
Yet another rental scammer in Seattle - Annamarie Nelson [email protected]

Thank you for the email and interest in my sublet unit. Some intro about me - My name is Annamarie Nelson and i am Respiratory Therapy (RRT) who is looking to rent out my apartment for 3 to 12 months (from now until the end of June 2020) I just received an emergency offer to work for a Medical Hospital in Florida. I am also open to a short term sublease between 1 to 2 months as I'm keen to sort out my apartment situation as soon as possible.

I will like to confirm the dates you need the place for me to be sure to accommodate you or if I'll have to find another renter to occupy the place for the remaining term in-between afterwards.

I welcome any questions you may have and happy to provide you pictures of the place as well as additional information.

I look forward to moving with the next step

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/sub/6904687398.html

Best Regards,

Annamarie Nelson.
Advertisement

#387837 by cbeaz2012 Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:24 pm
One of the more impressive scammers here. Showed a picture of her work ID cards, which I assume are fake if you zoom in.

When asked for proof of ownership, I received the following email, which as you can tell would be a fake email address (building.org really?)

[Removed - AJ]

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Seventh and James Apartments Do Not Reply <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 at 12:07 PM
Subject: VERIFICATION OF TENANT OCCUPANCY
To: <[email protected]>

Hello ,

This is to verify that Annamarie Nelson is the current occupant residing in the apartment located at 600 7th Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, which is well known as Seventh and James Apartments, there will be an Application Questionnaire, we would love you to get back with Annamarie, who is the Sub-lessor on how to fill in your Application Questionnaire so we will be able to process your sublease contract

Yours Sincerely
Last edited by AlanJones on Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed unwatermarked photo
#401321 by Renu Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:28 pm
Hello, This person is active again. This time her target is Hartford. In this gig, she turned creative, and actually made an address to a building that exists. Well, from the pictures of the website: it seemed to. So, the worst case: I have a new place to check out tohttps://www.csregroup.com/apartments/ ... ement-250/

Email 1:
Hello

Thank you for the email and interest in my sublet unit. Some intro about me - My name is Annamarie Nelson and i am a Respiratory Therapy (RRT) who is looking to rent out my apartment for 3 to 12 months (from now until the end of November 2020) I just received an emergency offer to work in Florida Hospital Waterman. I am also open to a short term sublease between 1 to 2 months as I'm keen to sort out my apartment situation as soon as possible.

I will like to confirm the dates you need the place for me to be sure to accommodate you or if I'll have to find another renter to occupy the place for the remaining term in-between afterwards.

I welcome any questions you may have and happy to provide you pictures of the place as well as additional information.

I look forward to moving with the next step.

https://hartford.craigslist.org/sub/7012050339.html

Best Regards,

Annamarie Nelson.

Email 2
It's good to hear from you again and I am fine subletting my place to you. But it will be good if you can be precise with the dates so that i can sign an initial lease with you.

The apartment is actually vacant as I've already left Hartford for Florida Hospital Waterman, for my new work which starts tomorrow. You know I made mentioned in my previous mail that my new contract came as an emergency. So as it stands now i will not be able to arrange a showing for you.

If we must proceed it will have to be via the aid of the pictures I took and I can assure you that you will be meeting my apartment in the same conditions as they are in the pictures. Kindly find my enclosed work ID badge. The apartment is in a peaceful neighborhood and very good for commuting and very close to stores, malls etc.

The apartment is fully furnished and cable/high speed internet ready and also there is two car parking space that will be made available to you during your stay in my apartment at no extra cost and utilities are included in the rent. Pets are allowed (Cats & Dogs) and it's totally free and you won't be sharing anything with anybody.

Let me know if we can proceed so I can give you more information and pictures of the apartment and the rental process paperwork.

Best Regards

Annamarie Nelson.