Room for Rent and other rental scams
#403183 by Michelle Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:57 am
Carla Greubel <[email protected]>

Hello!

Nice to hear from you!
Let me introduce myself, my name is Carla Greubel, I am an architect, I moved to the Faroe Islands, I have a project here that will take 2-3 years.
Airbnb charge some fees for services that they offer, to avoid taxes we reserve the apartment only for the first 2 months through their system + security deposit ,you will receive the security deposit after 2 months by Airbnb.
After you see the apartment we will do the lease agreement for the period that you want.
In order to book the apartment, you will have to do the payment to Airbnb with your credit card. Airbnb will hold your payment until you move in , the lease agreement and you have seen the apartment. After you see the apartment, you will have to take your decision, if you wish to rent it or not.
I will receive the money 7 days after you move into my apartment.
If the apartment is not as I have presented it, you have the right to refuse it. Airbnb will refund your money to your account in 12 hours from your decision.
After the first 2 months,if you want to rent more, you will pay the rent monthly directly to my personal bank account.
If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.

Regards ,
Carla Greubel

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#403768 by Michelle Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:15 am

Hello ,

I really select my tenants,so if you agree my terms please give me a whatsapp number so we can discuss all details there,including my property link on Airbnb.
About reservation, first 2 months by airbnb , we will make a contract from first day when you will move in my flat,about move, after this 2 months with airbnb,if you want to stay more you will pay me monthly on my bank account for the rest of the period,we will notify on contract that you already made reservation and paid this 2 months with airbnb,security deposit gets back to you after 2 months from airbnb.

Best regards,
Carla Greubel

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#405400 by Michelle Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:02 am
Carla Greubel <[email protected]>

Good Afternoon!

I really select my tenants,so if you agree my terms please give me a whatsapp number so we can discuss all details there,including my property link on Airbnb.
About reservation, first 2 months by airbnb , we will make a contract from first day when you will move in my flat,about move, after this 2 months with airbnb,if you want to stay more you will pay me monthly on my bank account for the rest of the period,we will notify on contract that you already made reservation and paid this 2 months with airbnb,security deposit gets back to you after 2 months from airbnb.
Registration it`s possible! I'm going to make you a contract the first day you move to my studio.
About check in day yes it`s available for me too from 07 April 2020.
Please read all I have spoken so far, I want to make sure you understand everything and if you agree please give me add whatsapp: +31 6 85546225

PS: When you write me please tell me your name and email to find you much easier.

Best regards,
Carla Greubel

#406627 by Ttr Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:18 pm
What is her scam? Does the house exist? I found it threw Airbnb and booked it for April,but I can't see it anymore.