Room for Rent and other rental scams
#403877 by Michelle Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:47 pm
[email protected]

"Nice to hear from you!
I am the owner of the apartment, situated in : Zentnerstraße 18, 80798 München, Deutschland.

Floor area: 68,60 m²
Rooms : 2
Bedrooms: 1
Bathrooms: 1

The apartment is fully furnished and renovated. You can use my furniture but I can remove it if you want to use yours.
The monthly rent price is 750 EUR, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / heating/ 1 parking space available ). The apartment is in good condition, clean and ready to use. The kitchen is fully equipped.
In the apartment you find a refrigerator, a freezer, a washing machine, a dryer, an iron, an oven, a toaster, coffee maker, Internet access and Wi-Fi access. Pets are allowed. The apartment has public transport near and not far away of shopping center, and other amenities.
I have the apartment since 2014 and I lived there until last year, then my work contract ended and I returned home to Roma, Italy.
I am interested in a long-term tenant because I don't have plans to move again in Germany.
We are from different countries so it's very difficult for me to find a reliable tenant.
Only if you are really interested please contact me to arrange a meeting.

Thanks for your time!""

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#404533 by Michelle Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:33 am

Hey,

Thank you for your response!
As I mentioned in my first email, my current place of residence is: Via Sannio 44, 00183, Roma, Italy, that is why I trusted Homeaway which offers a simple control process for owners and new tenants. They will check me as the owner of the apartment and you as potential tenant, because I came back once already for a supposed tenant and when I arrived there he did not answer anymore. I have lost money and time.

If you agree with the process, please provide the following information:
- Complete the name of the future tenant;
- Current address ( street , city , country, zip code );
- Direct telephone number;
- Date when you want to move in the apartment;
- Rental period you want to stay;
- How many person will stay in apartment;
- I need also a copy of your ID or passport to complete the lease agreement.

The price you shall pay for 1 month of rent is 400 Euros and I want also 1200 Euro as deposit ( the kaution 1200 Euro you will receive back when you leave the apartment ). The rent I want to receive it monthly to my bank account.

After you will give me your details I will forward to Homeaway to make the reservation on your name. You will not pay any additional commission or other taxes.
Homeaway will contact you with the invoice and all information.
Please let me know if you agree with my conditions.

I am waiting for your reply.
Thanks for your time!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.