Room for Rent and other rental scams
#404816 by Pretty Woman Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:56 am
This guy uses this email [email protected] for rentals in Copenhagen. However, my story started with an email sent to an alleged landlady on Craiglist. She goes under the name Erica and email [email protected]. I guess they are related or maybe even the same person

This is what I got as a reply from her:

Erica Sparks
Fri, Feb 14, 10:51 PM (3 days ago)
to me

It is a pleasure to hear from you but it is a big sad that someone faster than you have already book my apartment not quiet long and she has book it for one year.

I can still help you out because i know it is very difficult to get an apartment this days. one of our co-worker has been transferred to abroad to work with our company and his apartment should be empty at the movement. it will be advisable if you can contact him to know if his apartment is still available for rent.

Name: Christopher

Private email: [email protected]

Kindly sent him a message via his email address to know if his apartment is available for rent and for more information about his apartment but his apartment is very clean and it is located in the city center as well.

Regards
Erica

Below are the emails I got from Christopher:

Christopher byrne
Attachments
Sat, Feb 15, 10:39 AM (2 days ago)
to me

Hello,

Thank you so much for your interest.Yes my Apartment is still very much available for rent and below are the information you need to know about my Apartment.

My Apartment is 2 bedroom flat, I am willing to rent out one bedroom with living room, kitchen, bathroom and toilet while the second bedroom will be for my stuff because am not around now.

Flat address: Havnegade 31 1058 København K Denmark
Apartment Floor: It is on the on the Second floor of the building
Rent Per month : 3000 DKK and utilities is included in the rent amount per month
Security Deposit: 5000 DKK which will be given back to you when moving out without any loss or damage of my property.
Minimum stay: 1 month(s)
Maximum stay: 1 yr with the option of extending the contract after 12 months
Moving in date: The apartment is currently available

Apartment Sizes:

Living room: 20'9 x 14'9 (6.3 x 4.5m)
Bedroom: 14'10 x 9'1 ( 4.5 x 2.8m)
Kitchen: 8'10 x 7'5 ( 2.7 x 2.3m)

Flat amenities are:

TV ,CD - DVD - Video, Radio, High-speed Internet with WiFi, Washing, Electric Kettle,Toaster, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Machine , Dryer, Heating, Iron and Ironing board, Gas cooker, Oven, Microwave e.t.c

My apartment is well furnished and fully decorated with a lot of house and kitchen equipment and it's located in a very nice and safe area in København

But presently am not available in København to show you around as am presently in Ireland now to work with my company and am here with my keys..All you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside. But i want you to Understand that my apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys.That is the reason why i am sending you my apartment pictures just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like.

Attached are some pictures of how my apartment Bedroom, living room, kitchen, toilet and bathroom looks like.That is the information you need to know about my apartment.If you are interested in renting my apartment Kindly get back to me.

My Line: +447405199728

Regards
Christopher

------

Christopher byrne
Attachments
Sun, Feb 16, 10:25 PM (19 hours ago)
to me

Thanks for getting back to me, it is nice to hear from you.I believe it is very good to know each other very well before we are going to move into rental process.

Let me start by introducing myself, My name Byrne Christopher, I am 39 years old, Am Single, never married, no kids.i am a civil engineer by profession, i work with KM Building & Construction company in Ireland.we deal with Building and rebuild Roads.I am a sincere, honest and trustworthy person, also friendly and hardworking.I don't drink,I don't smoke but i'm cool living with people that do,no pets.I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hand working people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,I am a quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5.8' straight. I swim for fun and sometimes play tennis. I like the job because it involves traveling which is one of my hobbies, I love going around to understand more culture and to meet new people.

I was born in Ireland. My father from Ireland while my mother from Denmark. Inherit this apartment from my late mother and i was living in this Apartment before i receive my transfer letter back to Ireland.

I move down to Ireland few months ago and my apartment is empty at the moment.I am working here in Ireland at the moment That’s why i am searching for reliable tenant who is going to take good care of this apartment for me in my absence because am still going to be here for some years.

Whenever i traveled like that, I make use of house agent or a friend of mine over there but they cheated a lot on my tenants and my tenants complains a lot about that. That is the reason why i took the keys along with me because i don't want my apartment to be used anyhow in my absence. Also, I would like to put my trust in you.It is now your turn to tell me something about your self.

Due to the nature of my Job am not always available on phone as i always off my phone but am on my ipad to check mail.Just write me a message on my email to ask me what ever question you want to ask.

WhatApp : +447405199728

Kindly get back to me so that i can tell you on how to get my Apartment reserved.I will be waiting to hear from you

Regards
Christopher
Advertisement