Room for Rent and other rental scams
#405283 by Michelle Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:09 pm
steven Holik <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

I appreciate your intent of renting my apartment. Im a Geophysicist and I work for National science foundation,I have just been transferred to start my new rotation at Spartanburg SC for 9 months from Now.. I just arrived here in Spartanburg a week before I start work and also have my accommodation situation sorted out ASAP as I had a very short notice to move.

I have since been doing rotation mostly on short term basis as I look to improve myself professionally and financially on a yearly basis, this is the first time I am having to leave the area for up to 9 months so it's a new adventure for me. I initially had no plans of renting out my apartment, but since I have a long term lease with the building, and my contract with the landlord permits me subleasing my apartment, instead of leaving the apartment empty, when there are a whole lot of people in need of a place to stay, I decided to make my apartment affordable, look for someone who would occupy and take good care of the unit while I am away, and at the same time, getting some money for myself.

The rent covers utilities (electric, water, gas, cable, telephone, internet and garbage disposal). There are no restrictions to having pets in the unit, but I would prefer you not to have more than 1 pet. My apartment is perfectly furnished and designed, but I could move all my furniture into storage if you want to move in with your personal properties.

The apartment is exactly like in the pictures i attached, not shared, fully furnished, from the living room w/pull-over sofa, television set, cable, table, center carpet. The kitchen has a micro wave, electric kettle, oven, gas cooker frying pans and cooking pots, dishes and various sets of cutlery,duvet, and bed sheets etc.

Before we go any further, I will like to know a little about you, how many persons you intend to live in the apartment? and for how long? and also a promise that you will take very good care of the place and the facilities. Should you need more information, I am at your disposal.

Regards

James

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement