Room for Rent and other rental scams
#382338 by N4865G Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:13 am
Good day all,

Please be aware of the scammer calling herself Doris S. Engel offering apartment for rent via Rooming.nl website.
All looks credible, price is good, but what caught my guard was inability to see the apartment before sending the deposit and 2 month rent via airBNB website.
It is literally copy paste of the similar scam offered by person named Emma Parsons (see other post below).

Here, the correspondence below:

Hello <snipped - Tim>,
Ok, here is the link to my listing:
https://www.airbnb.com-reserve-home-948 ... 0?id=27601
Let me know when you solve everything.
Thank you, Doris

------- Original Message -------
On Thursday, February 28, 2019 7:57 PM, <snipped - Tim> wrote:

Ok, please send me the Airbnb link to reserve the property.
Kind regards
<snipped - Tim>

-------- Original message --------
Date: 28/02/2019 12:12 (GMT+01:00)
To: <snipped - Tim>
Subject: Re: Apartment for rent in Delft

Hello <snipped - Tim>,
Unfortunately you didn't understand that I don't rent for short term and my minimum renting period is 2 months + deposit.
If you want to make a reservation, you can contact me until tomorrow because I have another proposal and I will accept it.
Thank you, Doris

On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 8:29 PM, <snipped - Tim> wrote:

Ok, I got a little bit confused here.
Please send me your phone number and I will call you tomorrow to dicuss the procedure in person.

Thank you and kind regards
<snipped - Tim>

-------- Original message --------
Date: 27/02/2019 16:24 (GMT+03:00)
To: <snipped - Tim>
Subject: Re: Apartment for rent in Delft

Hello <snipped - Tim>,
The minimum renting period is 2 months, plus the deposit.
You will not pay anything until June, because the check in will be in June.
A meeting to see the apartment can be organized at any time you want, after airbnb will confirm the payment.
So the booking will be on airbnb for 2 months, from June to August. You reservation will be blocked under your name until the check in date, so for that period nobody else can reserve it.
If you agree with everything, I only need an ID copy of you, any ID you want to send is fine for me as long as it has a photo.
I will start to post the apartment on airbnb and as soon as I have the ID, I will send you the link so we can finish the booking and payment today.
Thank you, Doris

On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 6:32 AM, <snipped - Tim> wrote:

> Good morning,
> Is it possible to rent your apartment for 3 days on March 29th?
> AirBnB does not show your apartment as available during that time.
>
> I am happy to proceed with the procedure you outlined, but not earlier than June, as we would not like to double pay for our son’s accommodation during this transition period between now and June.
> We would be happy to pay some sort of deposit payment to you to secure the place starting June.
> We have a lot of flexibility here, so please let me know what would suit you best.
>
> First of all, however, we would like to stay at your place for 3-4 days at the end of March. How do we make it possible?
>
> Kind regards
> <snipped - Tim>
>
> > On 26 2 2019, at 13:37, doris.s.engel [email protected] wrote:
> > Hello <snipped - Tim>,
> > I will explain exactly how this will work: I will send you the link to my listing on airbnb and you must book the apartment for minimum 2 Months.
> > You will have to fill up the booking page with your details. After you complete it, you will receive per email the booking confirmation and payment details( from this moment you have 24 hours to complete the payment).
> > After you solve the payment, you must send me the proof, so I can confirm with airbnb that you made the payment and won the apartment.
> > When the payment is confirmed by airbnb, in maximum 48 hours, but usually it takes around 24 hours, they will contact you to establish a meeting so you can see the apartment.
> > When you will go to see the apartment you must decide if you want to stay there or not.
> > If you want to stay, they will transfer the payment to me and give you the keys with contract for the entire period that you want to stay.
> > If you don't want to stay, you will get a full refund from airbnb, directly to your bank account.
> > Let me know if you understand and also if agree so I can send you the link and solve everything.
> > Also make sure that you have the entire amount in your bank account, for minimum 2 months + deposit (that will be 480 X 2 + 600 = 1560 euro).
> > After this first 2 months you will send the rent directly to my bank account, month by month.
> > Thank you, Doris
> > ------- Original Message -------
> > On Monday, February 25, 2019 1:25 PM, <snipped - Tim> wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you Doris,
> > > Please advise how to proceed with seeing this apartment via airbnb.
> > > Thank you very much
> > > <snipped - Tim>
> > >
> > > > On 25 2 2019, at 19:50, doris.s.engel [email protected] wrote:
> > > > Hello <snipped - Tim>, This is the address so you can check it out on google for routes, transportation and surroundings: Kon. Emmalaan 82, 2628 VT Delft
> > > > Your description is good for me. Sadly, we are not in the city to to show you the apartment personally because we decided to rent it after we left to Germany.
> > > > We made the photos just before we left so the apartment is fully mobilated exactly like in the photos. We have a basement in the building where you can put everything you don't need.
> > > > As I said, because we are not in the city, we want to make the deal through Airbnb(in this way they will show you the apartment for us), so if you're interested let me know so I can explain the entire procedure.
> > > > Thank you, Doris
> > > > ------- Original Message -------
> > > > On Monday, February 25, 2019 1:21 AM, <snipped - Tim> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Guten Tag Doris,
> > > > > Thank you very much for your kind reply and detailed information.
> > > > > Your apartment looks very spacious and high standard.
> > > > > We will be visiting Delft in several weeks and would like to come and see the place if possible.
> > > > > The contract would preferably start in June, but we are flexible as to the earlier start and/or higher deposit to secure the place.
> > > > > Once again thank you for your prompt reply.
> > > > > <snipped - Tim>
> > > > >
> > > > > > On 24 2 2019, at 21:04, doris.s.engel [email protected] wrote:
> > > > > > Hello,
> > > > > > I will start by telling you a little more about the apartment, the rent for the entire apartment is 480 euro per month. For the entire lease period,you will pay a security deposit of 600 euro. The bills for this apartment are included in the rent price, because they are taken from my bank account (heating,electricity,water,,gas, internet, cable tv. ).
> > > > > > The apartment is located in a good area, quiet and also close to the city center. You will find everything you need in a 15 minutes range. The apartment is equipped with: micro,fridge,oven,toaster,blender, dishwasher,washing machine,dryer,towels,sheets,,air conditioning,wi-fi with high speed. We also have a parking place. I am renting the apartment as a private owner because this my own property. I don't rent for less then 2 months. I have lived there with my family for few years but due to our business, we have moved back to our origin in Germany.
> > > > > > Now, I want to know you also, so it would be nice if you can make a description: work,profession, working contract/or not, pets,renting duration, and also more if you like to add.
> > > > > > Thank you, Doris
Last edited by Tim Atem on Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.
Advertisement

#405329 by Michelle Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:42 am

Hello,
I will start by telling you a little more about the apartment, the rent for the entire apartment is 500 euro per month. For the entire lease period,you will pay a security deposit of 600 euro. The bills for this apartment are included in the rent price, because they are taken from my bank account (heating,electricity,water,,gas, internet, cable tv. ).
The apartment is located in a good area, quiet and also close to the city center. You will find everything you need in a 15 minutes range. The apartment is equipped with: micro,fridge,oven,toaster,blender, dishwasher,washing machine,dryer,towels,sheets,,air conditioning,wi-fi with high speed. We also have a parking place. I am renting the apartment as a private owner because this my own property. I don't rent for less then 2 months. I have lived there with my family for few years but due to our business, we have moved back to our origin in Germany.
Now, I want to know you also, so it would be nice if you can make a description: work,profession, working contract/or not, pets,renting duration, and also more if you like to add.
Thank you, Doris

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.