Room for Rent and other rental scams
#417541 by dead4scammers Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:30 am
I have been looking for apartments in Stockholm to rent and using the site bostadshub.se (which I don't recommend) I was contacted by an alleged landlord called Theresia Jutzet from Belgium.
This is the email.
Hello,
My name is Theresia Jutzet .I received an email with an interest in renting my apartment in Stockholm.
I'm sorry for my late reply. I work all day because I'm involved in a big project in Brussels-Belgium. I come home late and forget to check my email.
The apartment will be available from now on, quiet, has all facilities: TV, parking, laundry, air conditioning, high speed internet, pets are allowed.
The apartment is available indefinitely so you can stay as long as you like. Total rent: 5000 kr, No extra costs, the price includes: operating costs, electricity, heating, internet, cable TV, taxes.
Thank you for your interest and I look forward to future cooperation and friendship.
The apartment Address: Torsplan 8, 113 65 Stockholm | 2 rooms | 77 m² | 5000 kr |
I must let you know that I can rent the property for an indefinite period of time. The minimum period is 2 months, but I'd rather like to rent it for a long term.
You seem to be a very nice person and I can assure you that we will not have any problems. As I have told you before, the price you shall pay for 1 month of rent will be 5000 kr and I also want Security Deposit 7500 kr (the Security Deposit 7500 kr you will receive back when you leave the apartment), with no extra taxes to pay. The money I want to receive monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money.
I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit and check the apartment. The delivery for the keys and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made with VRBO ( http://www.vrbo.se ) to make sure that we can trust each other.
I will explain the procedure if you are interested so please email me as soon as you read this message because I really need to take care of this matter.
Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Theresia Jutzet

Later she asked me to make a deposit on beforehand, this is the info I received for the payment.
Beneficiary Account Name: Oleksandr Kardash
Beneficiary IBAN No: BE64 9671 5438 4152
Beneficiary Bank BIC / Swift Code: TRWIBEB1XXX
Beneficiary Bank Name: TransferWise Europe SA
Beneficiary Bank Address: Avenue Marnix 13-17, 1000 Brussels
Beneficiary Bank Country: Belgium
Beneficiary Bank Currency: EUR
(Noted MB)

Be careful and don't rely on renting sites like Bostadshub.se, they don't verify their publications.
Best regards
Advertisement