Room for Rent and other rental scams
Advertisement

#364880 by kavita889 Thu May 17, 2018 6:58 am
I received the exact same reply from the same e-mail : Tayla Bowden <[email protected]>

:roll:

However, she is now an architect working in Faroe Island:

Nice to hear from you!
Let me introduce myself, my name is: Tayla Bowden , I am an architect, I moved to the Faroe Islands, I have a project here that will take 3-4 years.
Airbnb charge some fees for services that they offer, to avoid taxes we reserve the apartment only for the first 2 months through their system + security deposit ( the security deposit is refundable ).
After you see the apartment we will do the lease agreement for the period that you want.
In order to book the apartment, you will have to do the payment to Airbnb with your credit card. Airbnb will hold your payment until you have received the keys, the lease agreement and you have seen the apartment. After you see the apartment, you will have to take your decision, if you wish to rent it or not.
I will receive the money only after you have seen the apartment and decided to take it.
If the apartment is not as I have presented it, you have the right to refuse it. Airbnb will return your money to your account in 12 hours from your decision.
After the first 2 months you will pay the rent monthly directly to my personal bank account.
I need to know: Check in date (when you want to move in the apartment): day / month / year
If everything sounds good to you, please send me your full name, address and phone number and I will send you the AIRBNB Link were you can BOOK.
If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Tayla Bowden
#364881 by kavita889 Thu May 17, 2018 7:14 am
After I insisted to view the apartment first before entering any lease agreement, this was the reply:

These are the reasons for using Airbnb:
1. An Airbnb Inc. agent has verified the apartment before i listed it.
2. The pictures are taken by an Airbnb Inc. agent and verified by Airbnb.
3. In case you don't like the apartment, you will get your money back from Airbnb Inc. in 12 hours.
4. I will not get any money until you will accomodate in my apartment. I will get the money 7 days after you have been in the apartment.
It's not possible to visit the apartment before booking and paying through Airbnb Inc.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks for your time!
Best.
#365878 by Bryon Williams Tue May 29, 2018 4:47 pm
Tayla Bowden <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

I'm contacting you about your interest in renting my apartment situated in Herengracht 119I 1015 BG Amsterdam.
The monthly rent price is 650 EUR, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period.
The apartment is in good condition, clean and ready to use. The apartment is available for a long-term rent, so you can stay there how long you want.
In general I have rented with AirBnB my flat and it`s safe 100 %.
Airbnb provides an online platform that connects hosts who have accommodations to rent with guests seeking to rent such accommodations.

Regards,
Tayla Bowden

Tayla Bowden <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello xxx ,

Nice to hear from you!
Let me introduce myself, my name is: Tayla Bowden , I am an architect, I moved to the Faroe Islands, I have a project here that will take 3-4 years.
Airbnb charge some fees for services that they offer, to avoid taxes we reserve the apartment only for the first 2 months through their system + security deposit ( the security deposit is refundable ).
After you see the apartment we will do the lease agreement for the period that you want.
In order to book the apartment, you will have to do the payment to Airbnb with your credit card. Airbnb will hold your payment until you have received the keys, the lease agreement and you have seen the apartment. After you see the apartment, you will have to take your decision, if you wish to rent it or not.
I will receive the money only after you have seen the apartment and decided to take it.
If the apartment is not as I have presented it, you have the right to refuse it. Airbnb will return your money to your account in 12 hours from your decision.
After the first 2 months you will pay the rent monthly directly to my personal bank account.
I need to know: Check in date (when you want to move in the apartment): day / month / year
If everything sounds good to you, please send me your full name, address and phone number and I will send you the AIRBNB Link were you can BOOK.
If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Tayla Bowden

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#367115 by JennyDunphy Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:46 am
I have received the exact same email...

kavita889 wrote:After I insisted to view the apartment first before entering any lease agreement, this was the reply:

These are the reasons for using Airbnb:
1. An Airbnb Inc. agent has verified the apartment before i listed it.
2. The pictures are taken by an Airbnb Inc. agent and verified by Airbnb.
3. In case you don't like the apartment, you will get your money back from Airbnb Inc. in 12 hours.
4. I will not get any money until you will accomodate in my apartment. I will get the money 7 days after you have been in the apartment.
It's not possible to visit the apartment before booking and paying through Airbnb Inc.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks for your time!
Best.
#367120 by jamboreegirl Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:37 am
Today I received exactly the same email from Tala Bowden:-

Tayla Bowden <[email protected]>
to: *******
date: 13 June 2018 at 04:22
subject: Studio 36m2 for rent
mailed-by: shaimmo.com
Signed by: shaimmo.com

Hello,

I'm contacting you about your interest in renting my apartment situated in 5 Bentinck St, Cambridge CB2 1HG.
The monthly rent price is 600 £, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period.
The apartment is in good condition, clean and ready to use. The apartment is available for a long-term rent, so you can stay there how long you want.
Airbnb provides an online platform that connects hosts who have accommodations to rent with guests seeking to rent such accommodations.

Regards,
Tayla Bowden

I responded to say I was interested but when asked how much the fees were and that I would not pay anything until I had seen the property I received no response.
#367140 by jamboreegirl Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:36 pm
The latest email from Tayla Bowden:-

to: xxxxxxx
date: 13 June 2018 at 08:43
subject: Re: Studio 36m2 for rent
mailed-by: shaimmo.com
Signed by: shaimmo.com

Thank you for your response Helen Kalmar!

I have selected you from a lot of person to send the link reservation, I hope that you are good person.
I want to inform you that 6 months ago I had an unpleasant experience when I rented the apartment to a person from Spain, who rented the apartment for 2 months to grow marijuana plants in my house and this way I need more information about you, I want to know for sure that your intention is just to live in my apartment and not another one.
Please send me your document photo or scanned.
I got your phone number xxxxxxxxx i have note on my phone and i will send this to my best friend in case you will take my flat to help with move and show my apartment, i have the keys to my best friend and when the reservation it`s made i will inform him and will call you for arrange your move in apartment.
I need to know start date (when you want to move in the apartment): day / month / year

Thanks for your time!
Best.
#368784 by xvx Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:04 pm
I received this email after I enquired on a couple websites. (having a hard time finding pet friendly homes) I got a reply from a Tayla Bowden. After googling her name this website was filled with entries about her. Thank god for scamwarners. This is the email she sent me, i’ve seen it copied word for word on an email someone posted here.

“Hello,

I'm contacting you about your interest in renting my apartment situated in 18 West St, Brighton BN1 2RA.
The monthly rent price is 540 £, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period.

Regards,
Tayla Bowden”

The email she used was [email protected]

watch out
#368785 by Bryon Williams Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:08 pm
Hello,

Future advice.

Make sure you can physically go inside any rental and meet the landlord face to face prior to renting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#368903 by Anne Dote Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:44 pm
This happened to me as well.
What did you do after receiving the email asking for the document.
Unfortunately I only found this website after sending name cell number and address.
Did any of you went to the police?
Thanks, this helped a lot
#368904 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:47 pm
Hello, just ignore him/her now.

Future advice.

Make sure you can physically go inside any rental and meet the landlord face to face prior to renting.

Asking any question here.

#369182 by scanner786 Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:40 am
Please help me, i only read all this after i made the payment via a bank transfer to the account.

What should i do, is there any way i can get my money back???
#425333 by leungwss Sat May 08, 2021 8:51 am
This scammer is still active and has changed the name to Allison Jade with the email address [email protected]! Beware!!! The property and price is just too good to be true.

Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 5:29:01 PM
Subject: Studio 36sq. ft for max. 2 guests ( not shared )
Hello
I'm contacting you about your interest in renting my apartment situated in Bentinck St 5 , Cambridge CB2 1HG
The monthly rent price is 600£, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period.

Re: Studio 36sq. ft for max. 2 guests ( not shared )
Allison Jade <[email protected]>
Sat 08/05/2021 19:51
Hello, You can rent for minimum one month and maximum for 5 years with a contract. You can register at the address if you need to. The property is available to move in on 12th of May. I have someone accommodated until 10th of May. So please don't insist on visits/viewings !! I have the apartment listed on Airbnb ( https://www.airbnb.com ) If you want to reserve / rent the apartment; we can do that safely & transparently; About reservation: Monthly rent with all bills included is £600; Security deposit with Airbnb is £600 + £23 (fees). The total amount to reserve/rent the apartment is: £600 + £600 + £23 = £1223. Also, your security deposit is refunded by Airbnb after your contract expires. Anytime you are ready and have the £1223 available on your credit card / bank account, I can provide the Airbnb booking link and within 5 minutes you can reserve/rent the apartment and move in on 12/05/2021. Don't come with other solutions because I will not take them in consideration. Thank you, Allison Jade #staysafe!