Room for Rent and other rental scams
#425486 by Michelle Sun May 16, 2021 1:46 pm

Subject: Re: Dept. Bay TOP FLOOR Brechin Views! - 770 Poplar Street , Nanaimo BC, V9R 0A1, Canada

Me and my wife are retired and we moved to Spain in 2015 and we will NOT return to Canada anytime soon. The apartment was bought for my son during his college in Canada. When he finished his studies he decided to study for Phd in Australia. I'm renting an apartment for the first time therefore a professional company will make the necessary arrangements for both of us. I think it's much easier and convenient for both of us.

In Canada it's your legal right to check the property and verify the documents before I will receive any funds. Therefore I want to use a global real estate company specialized in property management called Savills ( https://www.savills.ca/). They are an online marketplace connecting landlords with tenants and also they provide the most secure payment platform worldwide. Savills just needs my approval and your information so they can proceed with the transaction.
It's the first time for me doing a transaction like this so I want to follow the legal procedure.
Using Savills involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and Savills as a responsible third party authorized to handle this transaction. Savills will handle everything. Savills works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment, except that instead of a bank, we use Savills.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AMOUNT YOU WILL SEND TO SAVILLS IS A GUARANTEE DEPOSIT THAT YOU HAVE THE FUNDS AVAILABLE AND IT CAN NOT BE RELEASED WITHOUT YOUR APPROVAL. I CAN RECEIVE THE FUNDS JUST AFTER SAVILLS WILL RECEIVE A COPY OF THE LEASE AGREEMENT WITH YOUR SIGNATURE.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN THE PROCESS, so I can provide all the detailed steps of the transaction (I am sure that many of the questions you have now, will be answered after I will send you the steps). If you choose to continue, I will do my best to be as transparent as possible during the whole transaction.

We are now located in Spain so if you have any other questions you can reach me any time at: +34.697.913255 ( if you are calling from Canada you need to dial 011- 34.697.913255) or you can email me your number and I will give you a call.

Thank you and have a great day!

Regards,
William

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this because you -have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement