Room for Rent and other rental scams
#428152 by Michelle Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:05 am
William Mennett <[email protected]>

William Mennett <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my apartment (2bed/2bath) located at: 1235 Bayly St, Pickering, ON L1W1L7, Canada. I have attached the pictures so you can see that it is in excellent condition.
The rent for the entire apartment is 1350$/month utilities included (heat, hydro, water, electricity, maintenance fees, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet). The building management will help you in case repairs are needed in the apartment and I will cover the costs. Pets are allowed. I'm looking for someone to rent anywhere from 3 months to 6 years or more. I realise that the price is below the market but I'm interested in finding the right person for the apartment that will take good care of the place. Monthly payments can be sent through E-transfer, Bank Wire or any other payment method that is convenient for you. You can also rent the apartment furnished or unfurnished without any increase of the rent.
I would really appreciate a description of yourself so I can make an idea who will rent the place. How many people will stay in the apartment, where do you work, how long are you planning to stay in the apartment.
I really do NOT have time to waste so please reply to me ONLY if you are really interested.
Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

William Mennett <[email protected]>

Hi again

Me and my wife are retired and we moved to Spain in 2015 and we will NOT return to Canada anytime soon. The apartment was bought for my son during his college in Canada. When he finished his studies he decided to study for a Phd in Australia. I'm renting an apartment for the first time therefore a professional company will make the necessary arrangements for both of us. I think it's much easier and convenient for both of us.

In Canada it's your legal right to check the property and verify the documents before I will receive any funds. Therefore I want to use a global real estate company specialized in property management called Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) ( https://www.jll.com/). They are an online marketplace connecting landlords with tenants and also they provide the most secure payment platform worldwide. JLL just needs my approval and your information so they can proceed with the transaction.
It's the first time for me to do a transaction like this so I want to follow the legal procedure.
Using JLL involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and JLL as a responsible third party authorized to handle this transaction. JLL will handle everything. JLL works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment, except that instead of a bank, we use JLL.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AMOUNT YOU WILL SEND TO JLL IS A GUARANTEE DEPOSIT THAT YOU HAVE THE FUNDS AVAILABLE AND IT CAN NOT BE RELEASED WITHOUT YOUR APPROVAL. I CAN RECEIVE THE FUNDS JUST AFTER JLL WILL RECEIVE A COPY OF THE LEASE AGREEMENT WITH YOUR SIGNATURE.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN THE PROCESS, so I can provide all the detailed steps of the transaction (I am sure that many of the questions you have now, will be answered after I will send you the steps). If you choose to continue, I will do my best to be as transparent as possible during the whole transaction.

We are now located in Spain so if you have any other questions you can reach me any time at: +34.674.956818 ( if you are calling from Canada you need to dial 011- 34.674.956818) or you can email me your number and I will give you a call.

Thank you and have a great day!

Regards,
Will

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement