Room for Rent and other rental scams
#431220 by Michelle Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:31 am
Ismail Cakir <[email protected]> a scris:
Thanks for your interest regarding my house, Yes it come furnished and it is with washing Machine as well, I have decided to rent the house because I work as an Architecture and just got a contract to work on in Stratford so i am going to spend more time here , I will be here for about 3 years due to the nature of my job. Let me start by introducing myself, I am a neat freak,I keep my house clean and However, I have decided to rent the house out myself to a responsible tenant that can take very good care of it as i am not after the money, I want it to be clean and tidy at all time. Utilities are included in the rent.
Pets are allowed as long as they are well behaved and not destructive.

Address: Heuvelring 212, 5038 CL Tilburg, Netherlands

Rent: €500 All bills is included in the rent

Security deposit: €600 refundable after your stay in the flat.

Minimum Stay: 1 Month(s)
Maximum stay:1 yr with the option of extending the contract.

Please, i want you to note that i am a kind and honest person,also i spent a lot of money on my property that i want to rent out.

Am soliciting for your absolute maintenance of this Flat and want you to treat it as your own,I hope you understand that!!.I want you to

keep it clean and tidy always and I will be glad if you are able to fulfill that at the end of your stay in my flat,that is the reason i decided making the rent affordable..

Can you kindly answer these following questions:

Where are you currently located and what are your full names?

Your nationality?

Your profession?

Your WhatsApp number if you have one?

How long have you been renting ?

Let me know how soon you are willing to move in, as I am deciding soon on who to lease my flat too. Thanks for your interest.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this because you -have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#431221 by eu_dark_soul Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:08 am
Hello all,

With my heavy heart because I still didn't get any rental in Berlin, but happy that I did not fall into this scam I am posting the email I just got from the scammer:

------------
Hello,

The apartment is still available, clean and ready for use in the short or long term. I bought this apartment for my son while studying in Germany. My son has finished his studies and we have decided to rent it long-term / indefinitely if possible.Occasionally, we also rent it out on Booking.com for short periods of time. The monthly rent is 1500 euros and includes all additional costs (heating, electricity, etc.). The deposit for moving in is 1500 euros and is fully refunded when you leave the apartment.The recently renovated apartment all are fully furnished and equipped and consists of:

Living Room
2 Big Rooms
Big Open Room
Equipped kitchen
Bathroom
1st floor
Building parking lot
Living area 70.00 m²
Address:
Friedrichstr 24
12205 Berlin

The apartment is optimally connected to public transport, the bus connections stop practically across the street, the train station can be reached by bus in less than 10 minutes. The next motorway entrance is 2 km away. In walking distance there are numerous shops, such as supermarkets, bakeries, a pharmacy, the city library, numerous restaurants and coffee houses as well as doctors of different specialties.
Now a little bit about me so that we can get to know each other better. My name is Wendel Anders, 58 years old and I own a company in the automotive industry in Sweden. Sweedish and English are the basic languages that I speak and write very well, but we can also communicate in German( i translate on the internet). Since I am not in Germany now, the transaction will be safely carried out by a third party agency( Booking.com). There are no additional costs for you.
I would really appreciate a description of yourself so I can make an idea who will rent the place. How many people will stay in the apartment, where do you work, how long are you planning to stay in the apartment.
I really do NOT have time to waste so please reply to me ONLY if you are really interested.
Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!
Please note that the apartment is rented fully furnished (no deposit required for furniture), but can also be rented unfurnished / partially furnished on request.
I expect your answer as soon as possible.

Greetings from Sweden!
------------
The sender is: Manoi PAchiauoa <[email protected]>

Interesting fact is that I only applied to apartments here in Berlin using the immoscout24 from within their internal application communication and only on a hand of posts published by agencies.

I see two options here:
1) our guy is working for one of these agencies;
2) one of the agencies has their DB compromised

Both of the options are terrible for their customers as you might know they are having access to a lot of personal documents and information (too much if you ask me).

I really hope there is a competent authority who want's to track this kind of scammers down; in this situation I can support narrow the search.

Please be aware if something is looking too good to be true or you have any suspicion about something .. dig into that suspicion.

Good luck.
#433425 by Eric_E Fri May 13, 2022 4:47 am
Thanks for your interest regarding my house, Yes it come furnished and it is with washing Machine as well, I have decided to rent the house because I work as an Architecture and just got a contract to work on in Stratford so i am going to spend more time here , I will be here for about 3 years due to the nature of my job. Let me start by introducing myself, I am a neat freak,I keep my house clean and However, I have decided to rent the house out myself to a responsible tenant that can take very good care of it as i am not after the money, I want it to be clean and tidy at all time.

Utilities are included in the rent.

Pets are allowed as long as they are well behaved and not destructive.

Address- Unter den Linden 54, 10117 Berlin, Germany

The rent is €550 All bills is included in the rent

Security deposit:€600 refundable after your stay in the flat.

Minimum Stay: 1 Month(s)
Maximum stay:1 yr with the option of extending the contract.

Please, i want you to note that i am a kind and honest person,also i spent a lot of money on my property that i want to rent out.

Am soliciting for your absolute maintenance of this Flat and want you to treat it as your own,I hope you understand that!!.I want you to

keep it clean and tidy always and I will be glad if you are able to fulfill that at the end of your stay in my flat,that is the reason i decided making the rent affordable..

Can you kindly answer these following questions:

Where are you currently located and what are your full names?

Your nationality?

Your profession?

Your WhatsApp number if you have one?

How long have you been renting ?

Let me know how soon you are willing to move in, as I am deciding soon on who to lease my flat too. Thanks for your interest.

Do not fall into this scam. I also received a fake contract email.

Good to hear from you with all your details, I will be happy to have someone like you as my tenant and before i can come all the way from Stratford or secure the flat for you, i have to be sure about your willingness and financial capability in paying the move in fee on same day as I will like a situation whereby everything can be finalized on the same day i come to Berlin for the viewing and handing over the keys. Therefore, if you are willing to rent and secure the flat for your date ,you will need to review the contract form, if the terms suits your requirements, you will then fill out the required field and sign, make a deposit of refundable security deposit via bank to bank transfer to ensure easy refund if you eventually decide not to take the flat after seeing it, once it is confirmed paid, thereafter we can schedule a possible time for the viewing. If there is any changes in taking the flat after viewing, you will be refunded back your deposit which you have made, upon taking the flat, the remaining fee has to be paid in cash before moving into the flat. Let me know if you are okay with the arrangements so i can email the copy of tenancy agreement for you to review.

Am okay with your signed copy, bellow is my bank details for the deposit.

Name: Ismail Cakir.
Account Number : 12828944
Iban No: TR100006701000000073780640
Home address: Merkez yeni mah. Sivrihisar cad. No:50/11
Tepebaşı/ Eskişehir/Turkey
Yapı kredi bankası
swift code YAPITRISXXX (Noted MB)

Send proof of the payment for confirmation so we can proceed.
#438866 by boficiy558 Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:11 pm
I also received contact from this scamer. I got the contact from a FB user by the name Bee Sor Lar: https://www.facebook.com/AdeosiOpeyemiapinke

Hope this also helps someone
#441735 by Michelle Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:29 am
Ismail Cakir < [email protected] >

You can chat with me on WhatsApp on +44 7778 857497. In the
Attached you will find the rental agreement form in PDF format. You need to
check it and sign it and then send it to me for confirmation
send back. Get in touch with us as soon as possible
signed contract with me so we can continue.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this because you -have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities