Room for Rent and other rental scams
#248467 by VanLin Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:22 pm
Ran into this same scam for a property in North Vancouver, BC.
Name: Eddie Cowors
Email [email protected].

Responses to my emails:

(1)Hello, The apartment located in 3150 SUNNYHURST RD, North Vancouver, BC, V7K 2G3 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. I never rented this apartment and I want to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment is fully furnished and it has all the appliances. Of course you can use everything from the apartment or if you want to use your furniture you can deposit mine in the storage unit that is located near the building not far away. It has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The rent is 1400CAD/month and includes everything: heat, hydro, water, electricity, 2 parking spots underground, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance. You will have full access to all the amenities in the building. From my point of view I'm sure that you will like the apartment and you will rent it on spot.
This apartment is a private property, paid in full and no mortgage on it. Schools and groceries near-by. I'm sure you will have everything that you need there because is one of the most important areas in the city. Pets are allowed.
About me now. I'm 45 years old, I'm married with 2 children. I'm an engineer at Black&Veatch Global Engineering in telecom industry. The company I work for they have projects all around the world so most of my time I'm traveling. I will be away for the next 6 years so it's free for you to stay there as long as you want. I want to rent the place on my own so I need to send you the keys and papers so you can check the apartment.
Best regards,
Eddie

(2)Hello, Glad to hear from you. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 1400CAD everything included and also you will have full access to all the building amenities. The rent will not increase for the entire rental period. I need to know how many people will stay in the apartment and also what type of rental contract do you prefer: 6 months with option of renewal or 1 year with option of renewal. The monthly payments can be wired to my Canadian Bank Account (TD Bank) or any other payment method that is suitable for both of us. The apartment is in excellent condition like in the pictures and you just need to receive the keys and contract so you can check the place.
At this moment I'm located in London, United Kingdom and I think we need a safe way to complete this deal therefore the solution is provided by a worldwide third party company called Deposit Protection Service (http://www.depositprotection.com). They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package and using their service you will be able to check the apartment before any funds are released to me. You will have full control of the payment until you will check the apartment. I'm registered with this company since 2009 and I have a record of 45 transactions as landlord and as a tenant also. They are really professional and they have great services.
If you have any other questions about the process you can reach me any time at: +44 20 3290 4036 (if you are calling from Canada or United States you need to dial 011-44-20-3290 4036) or you can email me and I will respond ASAP.
I will wait for your email if you are interested so I can provide you with all the steps of this transaction, everything that you need to know about this process before we get this started. I think is right for both of us.
Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

This fortunately triggered my friend's instincts that this wasn't right. And he found similar emails. Fortunately we didn't get to the point where cash was involved.

Good luck all.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation and split.
Advertisement