Room for Rent and other rental scams
#33075 by Con Warner Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:31 am
Beautiful Suit:

Thanks for your interest in my room. The room is available for long term and short term rent. The building is in a great location situated in the quiet and safe neighborhood and offers secure access. Internet, cable, laundry in-suite, storage facilities, heat, water, electric and parking are included in the rent.I have move to Virginia for my Master Degree in Divinity programme at the Virginia Theological Seminary, Virginia.

I am looking for a responsible roommate that is going to be taking good care of my room and trusting you that you are going to be taking good care of of my room as i left it. Here is the address of the apartment 639 Geary Street San Francisco, CA 94102. The rent is $700 per month,Security Deposit $300 which include the utilities such as Water/Sewer, heat, hydro, gas,internet access e.t.c

The Room is furnished. I will like you to tell me your experience with renting. I was wondering maybe i can send you the application form for you to fill out and the interior pictures for you to have an idea how beautiful and spacious the inside looks.Also i ll like to know when you want to take possession of the room so that we can discuss how to get the keys and neccessary documents to you.

I look forward to hearing from you
Regards,

Revd. Ludivino
Virginia Theological Seminary
3737 Seminary Road
Alexandria, VA

And the follow up;
Hello,

Attached are the interior pictures for you to have an idea how beautiful and spacious the inside looks and also is the application form. Looking forward to hear from you with all the details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.

Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,Please i am doing this based on Trust & Honesty. So, I want you to stick to your words, as i am putting everything into God hands, so please do not let me down in this property of mine and God bless you more as you do this. Again I would like to tell you that there is no way you can view the interior because the keys and the document is here with me in Virginia and you driveby and view the exterior of the apartment for you to know where the apartment is located and how the exterior look likes.That is why i attached the interior pictures for you to have the idea of how the interior look likes.

Once i received the filled copy of the rental application form, I will make an arrangement on how to get the apartment keys and documents shipped to you without any further delay.

N:B : I am doing this because of God and as a good Christian, If you can pay two months upfront, you will get one month free , I am currently doing my Master Degree in Divinity programme at the Virginia Theological Seminary, Virginia

Note:- I am only looking for someone who is ready to move in as soon as possible since my apartment is free right now and i will be giving out one month free.

Thanks so much and have a nice day.

Regards,

Revd. Ludivino
Virginia Theological Seminary
3737 Seminary Road
Alexandria, VA

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union and promise they will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union payment to a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement