Room for Rent and other rental scams
#33079 by Con Warner Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:14 am
Hi,

Thanks for the interest in the room for rent. Am Britney from a family with 2 son and 1 daughter. I live in London but i just got a job in USA and would be moving down there soon.I rented two bedroom apartment because i taught i would be living with my best friend but she got a job in another state,So i decide to rent this other room out.I'm looking for a responsible & clean roommate that will be able to take good care of the place.. The apartment is open to long term and short term lease. The rent includes all utilities and there is no additional charges incur. Pet is allowed. The property is fully furnished and if you have your own furnitures,the furnitures we be moved into the storage space at the property, you will have to move them back into the apartment if you are not moving in with your stuff.
I don't really want to rent out this room but my family just decide i rent the room out so that we can pay the rent together, i have gone to see the whole property and the landlord is a gentle and caring man he is on vacation right now in Iowa, all the necessary documents are with him including the rent receipts.
Included in Rent:
- Cable Television
- Electricity
- Heat
- Internet Access
- Parking
- Water/Sewer
- Gas

If you really want to rent the property, you will need fill the rent application below :

Full name:
Present Address of the applicants:

Zip code :

Ph#: Cell & Home :

Email:

Single Or Married :

Children:
Pet : If any ()

Date of Tenancy:

REFERENCES

Reference:

Ph#:

I want you to make sure the present address is not mistaken because that's where your keys and copy of the documents will be ship to. The contents of the shipment you will be expecting are;
1. Bunch of keys to the property.

2. Documents containing the lease agreement and property description , including the property address.

3. Rent receipts and damage deposit receipts.

4. The pictures of the whole place.

I want you to email me once you fill the rent application form,so that the package containing the keys and other documents can be shipped to your present address by a secure courier service once the deposit payment is paid.

Thank You

After you fill in the form, the request for money.
Without you even seeing the inside!
Hello ,
Good to read from you and i have packed the package ! I will be heading to the courier service Office now to arrange for the shipment of the package to your present address.But i just want you to please take good care of the place.I will email you the tracking number from the courier service immediately i get the payment confirmation from you.

The contents of the package are;

-- Bunch of Keys to the property.
-- Lease agreement
-- Documents containing property location and description.
-- Tenancy agreement and policy.
-- Receipts.

I want you to know for sure your security deposit will be refund back to you at the end tenancy, I've already issued a rent receipts and deposit with your information.So I want you to proceed with the Security deposit Payment and a month rent. The deposit and the rent is refundable if by any means you want it back and decide not to rent the place.You can make the payment by any of the Money Transfer Service such as : Money Gram Transfer Service Or Western Union. They are fast and Quick ways of receiving money here. They are 100% secure and safe. I want you to go and visit any of their office nearby and make the payment to the Information below:
Here is the Information for the payment.

Name: Removed
Street: Removed
City: Removed
State: Removed
Zipcode: Removed
Rent fee : $700
Deposit fee : $700 (Refundable at the end of Tenancy)

Once you make the payment with any of the Money Transfer Service get back to me with the following information :
Mtcn # :
Sender's full name:
Sender's full address:
I will email you the tracking number of the package from NEXT DAY AIR EXPRESS .Hoping to read from you with the payment confirmation. Please I want you to take good care of the place and If there is any repair, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thanks

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union and promise they will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union payment to a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement