Room for Rent and other rental scams
#253307 by Michelle Fri May 29, 2015 3:27 am
On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 9:12 AM, Howard A Borden <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about our home. Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house now that we are not around. My Wife and I just moved to West Africa for a program called SAVING THE LESS PRIVILEGE CHILD WITH HIV/AIDS FOR RURAL YOUTH PROGRAM with the SERENA WILLIAMS FOUNDATION, the program is taking place in three major countries in Europe, Africa, UK . We will be away for 3 to 4 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up our house for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it, we initially wanted to sale the house but later changed our mind since we wont be spending more than five years here in west Africa. for more information visit our website on www.theswf.org

Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in? FEATURES : Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Firepit, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

PROPERTY DESCRIPTION.

House Address: 291 Smith St, Attleboro, MA 02703
Number of Bedrooms:3
Number of baths:2.5
Pets are welcome!!!
Rent: $800
Refundable Security Deposit:$600

Call us for more information : +2347057573221or 0112347057573221

****RENT QUESTIONNAIRE****

1)Your Full Name______________________________
2)Your Full Address ______________________________
3)Cell Phone: Home Phone: & Work Phone: ______________________________
4)Are you married ______________________________
5)Age & Email Address ______________________________
6)How many people will be living in the house______________________________
7)Do you have a pet______________________________
8)Do you have a car______________________________
9)Occupation ______________________________
10)When will you like to move in?_____________________________
11)How long are you willing to stay in the property? Picture of Occupant?________________
12)References, Current Landlord Info, Job History and Income? ________________
13)Do you smoke or drink? ____________________________
14)Reasons for relocating?________________
15)How Soon Do You Have The Deposit?_____________
16) Additional Information ??? ________________

I ____________, CERTIFY that answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for tenant screening as may be necessary in arriving at a tenant decision. I understand that the landlord may terminate any rental agreement entered into for any misrepresentation made above.I will be looking forward to hearing back from you with all this detail, so that i can have them in my file in case of issuing your rent payment receipt to you and for contacting you. Your quick response will be highly appreciated, so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys of my property to you via Express Delivery Services.

Regards,
Howard A Borden

Date: Thu, May 28, 2015 at 3:28 PM
Subject: RE: $800 / 3br - 1872ft2 - Feels like home every time you step into this young colonial. (Attleboro, MA)
To: Michelle Banks

Hello Michelle
How are you doing today? may the peace and the blessing of God be with you all. We got your application form and i want to thank you for the interest you have shown toward renting our house and we pray and believe that our house will be a blessing to you as soon as you move in.

We are really grateful that finally someone will be renting our house, so we hope we are doing the right thing by trusting you with our property. The Property rent is so low because we needed someone to move in and take good care of the house while we are away

We want it to come to your notice that we spent a lot on this property so one thing i can assure you is that you will never regret renting from us. We have concluded on accepting payment for the security deposit of $600 for you to secure the house now and move in as soon as you are ready.

The Payment will be needed as soon as possible so as to proceed with the arrangement of the keys and documents to be delivered at your current address,so i will urge you to verify the address where you want the package to be delivered so that they will be no mistake sending it to you.

My Wife will be on vacation first week October This year so she will be coming back to check on you, so hope you stick to your words,you will be making the payment via Western Union Outlet or Grocery store near so get back to me with the nearest store location near you.

Here is the instruction you will be using to make the payment to me okay.

Here is the Western Union Information:

Receivers name : Howard Borden Receivers Address: 75 church street City: Isolo State: Lagos Country: Nigeria Zip code: 23401 Secret Question: God Bless? Secret Answer : You

As soon as you have make your payment, I want you to email me back with this required information. (10digits MTCN Numbers) (Sender's Full Name and Full Address) (Address where you want the package to be delivered) (Amount Sent?)

Await your mail as soon as possible,thanks remain blessed.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement