Room for Rent and other rental scams
#33346 by Con Warner Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:49 am
Known as "Raymond Simon"
Hi,

This is absolutely amazing, my daughter did post the advert and she did it quite well. We are family with 2 son and 1 daughter. We just relocated to Iowa and
this is the reason why we want to rent out our former property. The rent includes all utilities and there is no additional charges incur. Pet is allowed. The
property is furnished and if you have your own. The furniture will be move to the storage space at the property.

We don't really want to rent out the property but my family just decided we do so, all the necessary documents are here with us, including the rent receipts.
Our telephone line is not yet being fixed , the wireless connection is what we use for now.

Included in Rent:
- Cable Television
- Electricity
- Heat
- Internet Access
- Parking
- Water/Sewer
- Gas

If you really want to rent the property, you will need to provide the below information;

Full name:

Present Address of the applicants:

Zip code :

Reasons for Leaving :

Ph#: Cell & Home :

Email:

Single Or Married :

Children:

Pet : If any ()

Date of Tenancy:

REFERENCES

Reference:

Ph#:

I want you to make sure the present address is not mistaken because that's where the keys and documents will be ship to. The contents of the shipment you
will be expecting are;
1. Bunch of keys to the property.

2. Documents containing the lease agreement and property description , including the property address.

3. Rent receipts and damage deposit receipts.

4. The pictures of interiors and my family, I took before leaving the place.

I want you to email me once you fill the rent application form, the shipment of the package containing the keys and other documents will be ship by secure
courier service once the deposit payment is paid.

Thanks.
The Family

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union and promise they will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union payment to a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#35340 by dutchiegirl Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:30 pm
Hello, I have been looking for a room/apartment in Paris and got contacted by at least 2 scammers: 1 is [email protected] which when i googled turned out to be on this website listed as scammer. I have received the exact same email as above and immediately thought there was something not ok. I have put adds on different website so i assumed that he/she found me on there and replied, but his reply doesnt suit my add.
I replied him saying that i find his add strange and it looks like a scam and goodluck with it.

The 2nd i have received is from Cristine merstin, [email protected] which also sounded too good to be true and she asked me to transfer money to moneybookers.com because she is living in london now and therefore cannot come and meet me at the apartment. I hope that this message will help other people to not fall for scams! its hard enough to find a good room or apartment without this.
#35351 by dutchiegirl Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:46 am
I just received a reply from [email protected] to my email in which i indicate that i do not trust it.
See below:

'Thanks for your response, i really do understand how you feel, truely there are some people who try to gain advantages of others through the internet and i have also put my self in your shoe and i see that its not easy to trust in this life but we still need to trust some people, i do believe my property will be very fine with you that is why I'm renting it out to you. When I know how people worked and earn their money and how your vital information's are so important, I will never think of taking some advantages over you and your money, please that is fine with you that is why am so excited, the package will be send to you . I want you to take any negative thought out of your mind, that is really awful thing on the earth that I will never think about doing. Please understand me, I was not trying to lure you into this, everything about me and my property are 100% real ok.
I will be waiting to read from you with the application form filled so that the keys and documents can be on air today.
Thanks for the understanding.'

Quotes added for clarity - Michelle