Room for Rent and other rental scams
#254981 by charlesvic Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:51 am
Hi ! i've been looking for an apartment in Bruxelles, and i've received an offer from this "Glorianna" on appartager.be , we were then speaking through emails, this person now has an account " [email protected] " and calls herself " Solène Boisard "
I will write the list of things that were strange :

- very cheap for Bruxelles
- different user names between websites and emails
- speaking a lot about herself (that her dad passed away)
- wanting a lot of personal informations (identity theft maybe)
- hdtv in the guest room (of course...)
- no facebook profile nor linkedin
- ignored my proposal to become fb friends in my email

After all that i checked on google, copied the email and found that ... this person tried to scam people in Bruxelles, in Italy (Bologna, Firenze), in Netherlands, in Singapour, in Lyon, in Munich.. And always a different name, age but always the same messages, hobbies, story...

Well, hope i can help prevent people from being scamed. And i can never repeat that enough : visit or ask someone to visit the apartment you plan on renting !!!!!
Advertisement

#256042 by Marvin Kranz Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:36 am
I can confirm and say that Solene Boisard doesn't have any intentions to rent a room in Brussels and elsewhere. If you have a serious interest in renting his or her flat, please read first this:

Hi Solene,

Please don't give the roome to anyone else! I will be lost without your help! I just transferred the money.

I would be very glad to be your flatmate!

PS.: Please don't answer and please don't stalk me. I hope that you find an honest way to earn money.

PS2.: The police is informed.

Have a nice day!

Your best flatmate ever!
Patrick

Solene Boisard <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Patrick,

Good to hear that :) I wish you best of luck and I will let you know if the room will still be available.

I guess I will have to accept other offer now.

Thanks
Solene

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 11:01 AM, wrote:
Hey Solene,

That is great! I have good news :-)

I decided to stay now at my friend's place in Brussels until I move to your flat.
I thought that we could meet for a coffee? Then I could also pay a part of the deposit in cash to you :-)

What do you think?

Your flatmate!
Patrick

On 13.06.2015, at 11:23, Solene Boisard <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Patrick,

Sure I will.

Do have a lovely weekend.

Your flatmate,
Solene

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:45 AM,> wrote:
Hi Solene,

Sure, as soon as possible I will pay :-) will not take too long.

Are you going to be in June and July in Brussels?

Your flatmate! :-)
Patrick

On 12.06.2015, at 11:15, Solene Boisard <[email protected]> wrote:

Ok Patrick,

I understand you better. Just let me know once you get everything done cos have already inform my family lawyer I will be sending him the receipt this week once you confirm the payment to his account. Hope you understand better.

Do have a nice day!

Your flatmate.
Solene

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 9:27 AM wrote:
Hi Solene,

I am preparing everything to move to your flat! Sure, I will let you know as soon as I get it!

You really don't need to send the documents and the keys to my address in Berlin. We are going to live anyway together, right? You can give it to me in Brussels ;-)

Your flatmate!
Patrick

On 11.06.2015, at 20:34, Solene Boisard <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Patrick,

How are you doing today ? Am still waiting to hear back from you with the payment confirmation.

Let me know once you get it done so that I can have all document posted.

Your flatmate,
Solene

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Solene Boisard <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your email.

Regarding your question, I can present the keys to you on your move in if that suited you. of course it is fine by me. cos normally I wanted to send it via DHL courier service and it will only take them 1-2days to get it deliver to you at your doorstep. I know they are fast and reliable :)

Meanwhile, Let me know once you get everything done and send me the payment receipt so that I can have it forward to my family lawyer and also reserved the room.

I'll await in hearing back from you soon.

Your flatmate,
Solene

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 9:49 AM, wrote:
Hi Solene,

I am very sorry to let you want so long.

I needed to transfer some money form my mum's account in order to be able to pay you.
Once the money is transfered, I will send it immediately to you!

Thank you!

By the way: I think it will not be necessary to send the key to my home address, we can just arrange a date and time to meet at the flat ;-) what do you think?

Your flatmate!
Patrick

On 09.06.2015, at 10:11, Solene Boisard <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Patrick,

I am still awaiting to hear from you regarding the tenement agreement i sent to you in my previous email. have you gone through it? after you have agreed by it, I would need you to sign on it and forward it back to me with the payment details after you have made the payment to my family lawyer so that i can begin the sending of keys, original contract documents and receipt of payment to you and also reserve the room for you :)

Kindly get back to me asap because i have been having so many other offers which i had to turn them down because of you.

looking forward to read from you with the payment confirmation :)

Your Flatmate!
Solene

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Subject: The Tenement Agreement Document and my Passport... Awaiting your payment
confirmation

Hi Patrick,

I am extremely happy and glad that we have come to a conclusion as regards the renting and also the documents. I have the documents for you, read it thoroughly and sign on it before you can then make your payment and move in. I have also attached for you my passport ID for your security purpose. Regarding your question, I'll prefer sending you the keys and Original document to you via DHL courier service which you will receive within 1-2 business days then you can bring it along with you to my flat on your move in.

When you have read the Contract and are sure you can abide by the rules and the regulations on the contract, you should send the stated sum in the contract send to my family lawyer bank account whose information appears on the contract. His information once again is:

Bank Name: Probusiness Bank, Moscow, Russia
Bank Address: House 3, Pudovkina Street,119285,Moscow,Russia
Account Name: Chandler S
Account Number: 40820840500000701077
Swift Code: PRBMRUMM

You should have the payment sent to him by Wire transfer from your bank.

PS: For the transfer charges you can deduct the fees from the total amount you are sending to my family lawyer and When you have made your payment to him, you would get back to me with the payment confirmation which are:

- The Confirmation receipt
- The Amount sent.
- Scanned copy of the tenement agreement signed.

As soon as I get these details and have confirmed it, I would then begin the sending of the Contract Documents and also the receipt of payment to your home address just as you have provided and I would like that you confirm it for me again:

PATRICK Mugen
(Address deleted)

I await your payment confirmation and I am happy for we would be the best flatmates ever. Thanks for choosing me and my room and Pls find attached the Tenement agreement and my Passport above and make your payment for me to reserve the room for your eventual move in.

Looking forward to hear from you with the payment confirmation.

Yours Flatmate,
Solene

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 2:58 PM, wrote:
Hey Solene,

Thank you a lot!

My full name is Patrick Mugen. I want to move in on the 1st of July, and move out on the 30th of December 2015.

My address:
(deleted)

I don't now a scanner, but I will send you my copy of my ID as soon as possible! :-)

I am really happy about your help, you are such a great person!

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Patrick

On 07.06.2015, at 10:36, Solene Boisard <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your mail. My apartment has 2 rooms and a living room,so i use one room while other is for rent and there is also a visitor room in the apartment,which I used as guest room.I have scanned the pictures of my apartment and you should find them below; the living room,bathroom and toilet that is in the rooms that I have for rent and would be for your private use and also pictures of the Kitchen where we deal with our stomach...!!!:).

The rent for the apartment for all of you is 300€ while you would also make a security deposit of 300€. This deposit would be refunded to you at the end of your stay in the apartment if nothing is destroyed during your stay. Before we proceed though,there are some conditions and rules and I would like us to decide on and it just requires your consent and afterwards we can proceed with the contract and for you to reserve the room and to move in soon:

1.You shall sign a document ( Tenement Agreement Document) confirming that the room has been reserved for you and thereafter you can then make your payment for the reservation and also for your immediate move in following the contract.

2.You shall have to read the agreement contract which i shall send to you firstly as an attached mail before you make your payment.

For the document to be prepared successfully, I would be needing the following details:

(1) Your Full Name

(2) Your move in and out date:

(3) Your current address and also the address where you would like the keys to the apartment,the Original copy of the contract and also the receipt of payment sent to after confirmation of payment from my father lawyer, which you shall sign and bring along with you when moving in finally as my room mate

(4) Your scanned ID passport for identification..

I hope you quite understand me and everything?

There is a gas heating and evaporative cooling. Other amenities include ADSL2 +, fridge, microwave, gas stove, dishwasher, HD TV, and also washing machine in the apartment for the laundry needs and also to the apartment has a car park....Infact,it has being allotted two car spaces.

I wait to read from you soonest to continue the contract and further details about the documents towards having you as my room mate.

Your Flatmate!
Solene

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 4:51 PM, wrote:
Hey Solene,

First I would like to say thank you for your long and friendly answer, I haven't expected it!

I am glad that your room is still free. As it is furnished (and I am happy about it), there is, for me at least, no need to buy more. I would love to see, if possible, some pictures of the house and the room. You seem to be humble person - this sets the ground for a good atmosphere.

As I already mentioned, I will work at the International Diabetes Foundation. I am really looking forward to it. I will not be able to come and have a look in person at the room, but a short talk on skype would be great and helpful :-) Then you and I would get a better picture of each other. What do you think? In the meanwhile you can have a look at my facebook account.

Enjoy the weekend!

Best,
Patrick

On 06.06.2015, at 08:33, Solene Boisard <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for your mail, I can reserve the room for you until the day of your move in but only if you show me how serious you need the room. I have other offer who is also interested in the room but I think we will be a perfect match (flatmate) and I would love to give the room to you. My apartment is a Two bedroom apartment located on Rue du Char 2, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium to be precise and I am looking for tenants for one of the rooms in the apartment. The apartment belongs to my Mother although she got it from my father after the demise of my Father last year.

The apartment is fully furnished and also the rooms am renting out so you might not need to come with any other furniture but if you intend coming with any stuff, let me know alright?... The apartment has a heating system, water, parking space, security, Electricity, Gas, Phone, Internet Connectivity (Broadband), You would have free and unlimited access to the kitchen, the store room, the guest room, and all areas and part of the house except my room of-course... :) You are also entitled to your own visitors.

The two rooms has the same amenities and are of the same size. The rent for the apartment and also the cost of the utility bills is 300€ per month. Once again, this includes the cost of the utilities as earlier mentioned. The apartment is centrally located and is just some minutes walk to the nearest bus station and also you would have easy and fast access to other locations.

You would also be required to pay a security deposit as is the custom, the security deposit would be refunded to you at the end of your stay in the apartment if nothing is destroyed by you during your stay in the apartment. The deposit is 300€. About Me: My Name is Solene Boisard I am a 22 year old Female. I am the only child of my parents and I live alone in this apartment.This apartment used to be my family apartment till when my Dad moved us all to France where he eventually passed away but I alone stay here in the apartment and have being renting it out for sometime now. My last flatmate left for UK last week hence my search for new flatmates.

I am calm and laid-back person and my hobbies are reading, swimming and also at times on Fridays/weekend, I attend social events but I have not being having the opportunity dues to my work to hang out with my friends. I work as a marketing officer and when I am free I go to the pool to relax my mind and also unwind. I also visit the gym to keep fit at times.. ;)

Let me also know more about you because I believe it is essential that we get to know each other before we become flatmates. I shall be glad to send you pictures and also the contract so that we can conclude and be good flatmates.

I await to read your response.

Regards,
Solene
#268587 by keshieshimmer Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:23 am
Thank goodness that I found this forum. This same person "[email protected]" also in the USA doing rental scams.

It goes by the name of Katherine Lynes. The rental was $300-400 below market value. It even attached a photo.

Thanks for showing interest in my sublet apartment.

My name is Katherine and I am a travel nurse who's looking to rent out her apartment for 9 to 12 months during these period I will be working in a major medical centre in Seattle and am on the verge of moving ahead of my New rotation. I am also open to a short term sublease between 1 to 2 months. I intend to arrive in Seattle a week before i start work so as to have my accommodation situation in Seattle sorted ASAP as well as get myself familiar with the area.

My apartment is fully furnished with everything, from living room appliances and furniture w/pull-over sofa, to TV/cable DVD player, Wifi, center carpet. Bedroom consists wardrobes and drawers and new sheets as well. Also complete kitchen tools and equipment's too, such as a new refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, cooking pots and pans, dishes and glasses, electric kettle, etc. You can consider moving in with your personal belongings only. Utilities covered are electric, water, gas, cable, telephone, Internet and garbage disposal.

There are no strict policies to having pets in the apartment, but I would prefer to have not more than 2 dogs/cats.

I will be interested in sealing something soon for 1 to 2/3 months or for the whole 9 months, if possible. There are no background checks or management processes required to secure the apartment, just the usual data form and a sublease agreement to sign and finalize. And since I have a long-term existing lease in the building, the rents (and deposit) will be paid to me directly on a monthly basis by check or bank. Finally, I'd like if you can share some information about yourself and have also attached my picture:)

I look forward to your email and any more questions you may have.

Best Regards,
Katherine Lynes
#274033 by Jeremías Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:07 pm
Yes. He or she is using the same email direction. This time her name was Sarah. I´m happy to look for this post about this swindler.

This is the email that sent me:

"Hi,

Thanks for your mail. My apartment has 2 rooms and a living room,so i use one room while other is for rent and there is also a visitor room in the apartment,which I used as guest room.I have scanned the pictures of my apartment and you should find them below; the living room,bathroom and toilet that is in the rooms that I have for rent and would be for your private use and also pictures of the Kitchen where we deal with our stomach...!!!:).

The rent for the apartment for all of you is 300€ while you would also make a security deposit of 300€. This deposit would be refunded to you at the end of your stay in the apartment if nothing is destroyed during your stay. Before we proceed though,there are some conditions and rules and I would like us to decide on and it just requires your consent and afterwards we can proceed with the contract and for you to reserve the room and to move in soon:

1.You shall sign a document ( Tenement Agreement Document) confirming that the room has been reserved for you and thereafter you can then make your payment for the reservation and also for your immediate move in following the contract.

2.You shall have to read the agreement contract which i shall send to you firstly as an attached mail before you make your payment.

For the document to be prepared successfully, I would be needing the following details:

(1) Your Full Name

(3) Your current address and also the address where you would like the keys to the apartment,the Original copy of the contract and also the receipt of payment sent to after confirmation of payment from my father lawyer, which you shall sign and bring along with you when moving in finally as my room mate

There is a gas heating and evaporative cooling. Other amenities include ADSL2 +, fridge, microwave, gas stove, dishwasher, HD TV, and also washing machine in the apartment for the laundry needs and also to the apartment has a car park....Infact,it has being allotted two car spaces.

I wait to read from you soonest to continue the contract and further details about the documents towards having you as my room mate.

Your Flatmate!
Sarah"
#289356 by Michelle Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:28 pm
Subject: The Tenement Agreement Document and my Passport... Awaiting your payment Confirmation

Hi
I am extremely happy and glad that we have come to a conclusion as regards the renting and also the documents. I have the documents for you, read it thoroughly and sign on it before you can then make your payment and move in. Regarding your question, of course there is desk in the room where you can put your laptop and also study if you feel like and am sorry to hear about your wallet you misplaced too. Meanwhile, you are to confirm 1 month rental fees + security deposit to my family lawyer bank account and any other payment will be made to me in the flat every monthly basis. so you need to abide with the rules and regulations on the contract document. I'll prefer sending you the keys and Original document to you via DHL courier service which you will receive within 1-2 business days then you can bring it along with you to my flat on your move in.

When you have read the Contract and are sure you can abide by the rules and the regulations on the contract, you should send the stated sum in the contract send to my family lawyer bank account whose information appears on the contract. His information once again is:

Bank Name - "BANK URALSIB"
Beneficiary Name - ALTEA WILLIAN G.
Acct No - 4082-0840-000-6990-00004
Bank Address : 30, Efremova Ul. 119048 Moscow, Russian
S.W.I.F.T Code - AVTBRUMM

You should have the payment sent to him by Wire transfer from your bank.

PS: For the transfer charges you can deduct the fees from the total amount you are sending to my family lawyer and When you have made your payment to him, you would get back to me with the payment confirmation which are:

- The Confirmation receipt
- The Amount sent.
- Scanned copy of the tenement agreement signed.

As soon as I get these details and have confirmed it, I would then begin the sending of the Contract Documents and also the receipt of payment to your home address just as you have provided and I would like that you confirm it for me again:

I await your payment confirmation and I am happy for we would be the best flatmates ever. Thanks for choosing me and my room and Pls find attached the Tenement agreement and my Passport above and make your payment for me to reserve the room for your eventual move in.

Looking forward to hear from you with the payment confirmation.

Yours Flatmate,
Arianna

#342044 by Mike Wilson Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:07 am
New email address for this scam.

Da: Solene Boisard <[email protected]>
[email protected]
Oggetto: These are pictures of my Flat... Respond soonest with the needed details...

Hi ,

Thanks for your mail. My apartment has 2 rooms and a living room,so i use one room while other is for rent and there is also a visitor room in the apartment,which I used as guest room.I have scanned the pictures of my apartment and you should find them below; the living room,bathroom and toilet that is in the rooms that I have for rent and would be for your private use and also pictures of the Kitchen where we deal with our stomach...!!!:)

The rent for the apartment for all of you is 400€ while you would also make a security deposit of 400€. This deposit would be refunded to you at the end of your stay in the apartment if nothing is destroyed during your stay. Before we proceed though,there are some conditions and rules and I would like us to decide on and it just requires your consent and afterwards we can proceed with the contract and for you to reserve the room and to move in soon:

(1) Your Full Name

Your Flatmate!
Solene

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon