Room for Rent and other rental scams
#256308 by Michelle Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:35 am
[email protected]:

Thanks for the interest in my apartment, the apartment is available for your dates.

The apartment is (1 Bedroom Condo - Sleeps 4) and is a private apartment no room mate and no sharing with stranger and is very clean with no damages. It has parking space, air-condition, cable, TV, wireless internet connection and Wi-Fi, linen, sofa bed, shampoo, hair dryer, mosquito magnetic, basic soaps, local map, alarm clock, towels are also provided, laundry, washing machine, clothes dryer. The apartment is very close to many attractions in the neighborhood. MRT station, main city centre, Bar, restaurants, cafes, cinemas, museums, ATM/bank, medical services, library, and is located in a quite and safe area which allows you to walk at night.

Apartment Address: 38 Truro Rd, Singapore 217578

To secure the apartment down for your dates, 50% of the rental deposit is required and a fixed refundable security damage deposit of $300 to reserve the apartment for your date.

Rent per night is $60

Full rent for (2 weeks) is $840

50% is $420

Security deposit is $300

50% plus security deposit is $720

Total rental deposit to book the apartment and reserve it for your dates (2 weeks) including all utilities is $720

The remaining 50% balance $420 will be paid when you arrive to the apartment and your security damage deposit of $300 will be refunded back to you on your departure date provided that the property is in the same condition as when occupancy commenced and all terms of this agreement are met.

Offering free shuttle from airport pick up and drop off.

Dining Area: Seating for 4 people

Bathrooms:
Bathroom - Toilet/shower ensuite

Bedrooms:
1 queen size bed sleeps 2
1 sofa bed sleeps 2

AMENITIES: Laundry Soap, Toilet Paper, Air Conditioning, Towels Provided, Local Restaurant Guide, Washing Machine, Clothes Dryer, Heating, Safe, Hair Dryer, Mosquito Magnet, Basic Soaps, Internet, Local Maps, Alarm Clock, Shampoo, Hot Tub, Linens Provided, Sofa Bed, Wireless Internet.

KITCHEN: Toaster, Kitchenette, Freezer, Coffee Maker, Dishwasher, Gas/oven, Microwave, Refrigerator, Cooking Utensils.

Entertainment: Satellite/Cable, MP3 Dock, Television, DVD Player, CD Player, Audio Tape Player.

Internet Access: Wireless internet, Broadband access, Wi-Fi.

Attached is the pictures of the apartment.

REFERENCE / PAST TENANT
Robert Kenneth visited for (2 weeks) [email protected]

Fernando Collins and his family visited for (10 nights) [email protected]

PLEASE NOTE: Rental deposit has to be paid before the apartment can be reserve for your dates.

Email me back if you want to proceed for the reservation of the apartment for your dates so i can send you the Booking Agreement Form and payment instructions to rent the apartment and reserve it for your dates.

I wait to hear from you!
Derek.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement