Room for Rent and other rental scams
#259871 by bluemax Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:56 pm
Here's what I got when I enquired about an apartment in LA:
Hello

Thank you for your interest in my apartment. My name is Fredrick Williams, I am the owner of the apartment you are inquiring. I resided in the apartment with my family, my wife Mona and our only daughter and presently we've moved to New York on a new job placement with Naver Corps and presently the unit is available for rent for $800 per month unfurnished including the utilities (Heat, Washer&dryer, electricity, Garbage ). With a dedicated parking space. So this is not a sublet nor guestroom.

We are looking for someone responsible that would take care of our apartment like theirs. Short and Long lease are welcomed, because we'll be here for a long time. I'm sorry you may not be able to see the inside of the unit right now, but attached to this email is the current pictures of the place, You may go by the apartment to have a look of the neighborhood and environment.If you'll like to take things further do get back to me with your email address so I can email you the rental application form and then we can proceed further. I will be honest with you, the best way for communication for me it through text and email because am always working. You can text 347-324-6400

Please see pictures attached

BEDROOM: 1
BATHROOM: 1
RENTAL AMOUNT...........$800/per month
SECURITY DEPOSIT........$600
ADDRESS................ 4187 Arch Dr, Studio City, CA 91604
PETS ALLOWED. (WELL BEHAVED)

FIRST AND LAST MONTH WITH SECURITY DEPOSIT TO BE PAID TO MOVE IN.

Once again thank you for your interest. Hope to hear from you again.

Regards,
Fredrick Williams

The email came with 7 pictures of the apartment. Here they are:

I got lucky, I decided to check the name and the company, then some of the lines used in the first email and this site was the first one on the list on google.

So my search for an apartment goes on, but my money stays with me.
Advertisement

#276343 by Leticiamajors Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:26 am
Thanks for the heads up!! I just went through my email and found this exact letter except he changed the names to Jason Fredrick and wife Lisa

bluemax wrote:Here's what I got when I enquired about an apartment in LA:
Hello

Thank you for your interest in my apartment. My name is Fredrick Williams, I am the owner of the apartment you are inquiring. I resided in the apartment with my family, my wife Mona and our only daughter and presently we've moved to New York on a new job placement with Naver Corps and presently the unit is available for rent for $800 per month unfurnished including the utilities (Heat, Washer&dryer, electricity, Garbage ). With a dedicated parking space. So this is not a sublet nor guestroom.

We are looking for someone responsible that would take care of our apartment like theirs. Short and Long lease are welcomed, because we'll be here for a long time. I'm sorry you may not be able to see the inside of the unit right now, but attached to this email is the current pictures of the place, You may go by the apartment to have a look of the neighborhood and environment.If you'll like to take things further do get back to me with your email address so I can email you the rental application form and then we can proceed further. I will be honest with you, the best way for communication for me it through text and email because am always working. You can text 347-324-6400

Please see pictures attached

RENTAL AMOUNT...........$800/per month
SECURITY DEPOSIT........$600
ADDRESS................ 4187 Arch Dr, Studio City, CA 91604

Once again thank you for your interest. Hope to hear from you again.

Regards,
Fredrick Williams

The email came with 7 pictures of the apartment. Here they are:

I got lucky, I decided to check the name and the company, then some of the lines used in the first email and this site was the first one on the list on google.

So my search for an apartment goes on, but my money stays with me.
#281301 by Bedazzle Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:39 am
I just got this today... Now he's Jerome, apparently... I'm glad a did a search online before responding! This seems like a great deal! Thank you for posting!

Hello

Thank you for your interest in my apartment. My name is Jerome Weiss, I am the owner of the apartment you are inquiring. I resided in the apartment with my family, my wife Shaniqua and our only daughter and presently we've moved to New York on a new job placement with Naver Corps and presently the unit is available for rent for $800 per month unfurnished including the utilities (Heat, Washer&dryer, electricity, Garbage ). With a dedicated parking space. So this is not a sublet nor guestroom.

We are looking for someone responsible that would take care of our apartment like theirs. Short and Long lease are welcomed, because we'll be here for a long time. I'm sorry you may not be able to see the inside of the unit right now because we moved out of California, but attached to this email is the current pictures of the place, You may go by the apartment to have a look of the neighborhood and environment.

If you'll like to take things further do get back to me with your email address so I can email you the rental application form and then we can proceed further. I will be honest with you, the best way for communication for me it through text and email because am always working. Firstly Email me requesting for the Application then you can text 917 634 0875

Please See attached pictures

RENTAL AMOUNT ........... $800 / per month
SECURITY DEPOSIT ................... $ 600
ADDRESS ..... 11615 Riverside Dr, North Hollywood, CA 91602

Once again Thank you for Your Interest. Hope to Hear from you again.

Regards,
Jerome Weiss

:yikes:
#284717 by vic_myles Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:39 pm
I got the same one. To good to be true. A one bedroom in that area is going for $1600 and up. Plus utilities were included! I googled "never corps" so glad to had seen this... I would have been a victim as well.

Hello

Thank you for your interest in my apartment. My name is Anderson Cox, I am the owner of the apartment you are inquiring. I resided in the apartment with my family, my wife Theresa and our only daughter and presently we've moved to New York on a new job placement with Naver Corps and presently the unit is available for rent for $800 per month unfurnished including the utilities (Heat, Washer&dryer, electricity, Garbage ). With a dedicated parking space. So this is not a sublet nor guestroom.

We are looking for someone responsible that would take care of our apartment like theirs. Short and Long lease are welcomed, because we'll be here for a long time. I'm sorry you may not be able to see the inside of the unit right now because we moved out of California, but attached to this email is the current pictures of the place, You may go by the apartment to have a look of the neighborhood and environment.

If you'll like to take things further do get back to me with your email address so I can email you the rental application form and then we can proceed further. I will be honest with you, the best way for communication for me it through text and email because am always working. Firstly Email me requesting for the Application then you can text 413 437-0432

RENTAL AMOUNT ........... $ 800 / per month
SECURITY DEPOSIT ................... $ 600
ADDRESS ..... 235 E California Blvd Pasadena, CA 91106

Regards,
Anderson Cox
#297981 by Pep-py Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:40 pm
...and here he is again as 'Scott', this time advertising a 1-bedroom in Burbank for the unbelievably low price of $800. Attached to the response were several pics of a very comfortable and pricy apartment. Working with Naver Corp again as well.

Hello

Thank you for your interest in my apartment. My name is Scott Williams, I am the owner of the apartment you are inquiring. I resided in the apartment with my family, my wife Kristine and our only daughter and presently we've moved to New York on a new job placement with Naver Corps and presently the unit is available for rent for $800 per month Furnished/unfurnished including the utilities (Heat, Washer&dryer, electricity, Garbage ). With a dedicated parking space. So this is not a sublet nor guestroom.

We are looking for someone responsible that would take care of our apartment like theirs. Short and Long lease are welcomed, because we'll be here for a long time. I'm sorry you will not be able to see the inside of the unit right now because we moved out of California, but attached to this email is the current pictures of the place, You may go by the apartment to have a look of the neighborhood and environment.

If you'll like to take things further do get back to me with your email address so I can email you the rental application form and then we can proceed further. I will be honest with you, the best way for communication for me it through text and email because am always working. Firstly Email me requesting for the Application then you can text (646) 397-5341

RENTAL AMOUNT ........... $800 / per month
SECURITY DEPOSIT ................... $800
ADDRESS ..... 333 Andover Dr, Burbank, CA 91504

Regards,
Scott Williams
(646) 397-5341
#297983 by Bryon Williams Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:44 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

What was the email address used? Others may search for the email address.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#353888 by Slyasafox Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:01 pm
He’s now Marilyn Baker Leary and to make it more “believable” he/she is deaf so we can’t call.... ): I’m looking for an sort,rant in SoCal for my mom and was tipped off by the too-good-to-be-true price! You’d think they’d get a little more savvy and and at least TRY to switch up more than names and locations.

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in my apartment. My name is Marilyn Baker Leary, I am the owner of the Apartment you are inquiring. I resided in the Apartment with My Family, My Husband Anthony and Only our daughter and presently we've Moved to Denver on a new Job Placement with Vitamin Cottage Natural Grocers and the Unit is currently available for immediate move in, unfurnished Including all Utilities (Heat, Washer & dryer, electricity, Garbage). With a dedicated parking space. So this is not a sublet nor a guestroom.

We are looking for someone responsible that would take care of our apartment like theirs. Long and short lease are welcomed, Because we'll be here for a long time. I'm Sorry you may not be able to see the inside of the unit right now, but this Email is attached with the current pictures of the Place, You may go have a look at the neighborhood.

2 BEDROOM and LIVING-ROOM
FIRST AMOUNT ........... $1,180 / per month (utilities $210)
SECURITY DEPOSIT ...... $1,180
ADDRESS ..... 2253 Martin, Irvine, CA 92612

The rental application form is attached in this message. Please complete the application and send back to me through email for review as soon as you can. If you are interested so we can proceed further.
I will be honest with you, the best way to contact me is through sms and email communication because I'm deaf: 303-500-5423

Regards,
God blessings be with you and your family

Marilyn