Room for Rent and other rental scams
#260176 by Jolyn Tore Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:43 am
I recently encounter two separate emails like this!
Here it goes:

more blessing <[email protected]>
Jul 13 (1 day ago)

to me
Hello Dear,

Thanks for the email.I own the House and also want you to know that it was due to my transfer to (West Africa Nigeria) that makes us to leave the House and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person and God fearing person who can take very good care of the house in our absence.I want you to know that we intend selling the house before and there is a for sale sign in front of the house.But the house is for rent now because we are not selling it again.We changed our mind due to the bad economy and increase by the agent.We asked the agent in charge of selling the house to stop.I am doing a volunteer work ..We are not after the money for the rent but we want it to be clean all the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own. So for now, We are here in Nigeria and will be staying here for the next 4 years in our new House and also with the keys of the House for rent, we try to look for an agent that we can give this documents and the keys before we left but could not find, and we as well do not want our House to be used any how in our absence that is why we took it along with us.I and my Wife came over to West Africa for a missionary work, so i hope you will promise us that you will take very good care of the house.So get back to me if you know you could take care of our house or perhaps experience you have in renting home..

Here is the home address below :2738 N Mason Ave Chicago, IL 60639

Month Rent: $800
Refundable Deposit:$700
Pets: are welcome
Bedroom: 3
Bath room: 2
Square feet: 1,094
Property Type: Single-Family Home

The house is available for rent now.All Utilities are included in the monthly rent.Kindly fill out the RENT QUESTIONNAIRE below and get back to me so that we can proceed to the next step.You can go check the neighborhood and get back to me for further discussion..It is available as long as you wish.All the facilities such as water and heat laundry facilities,air condition,internet and telephone access and other necessary facilities.

RENT QUESTIONNAIRE
1)Your Full Name?
2)Your Full Address?
3)Phone Number?
4)Are you married ?
5)Age & Email Address ?
6)How many people will be living in the house?
7)Do you have a pet?
8)Do you have a car?
9)Occupation?
10)When will you like to move in?
11)How long are you willing to stay in the property?
12)Picture of the occupant If Available?
13)When are you ready to Move In?
14)How Many Months are you willing to rent?
15) How many months rent can you pay upfront? Minimum ( 1month +
SECURITY DEPOSIT ) or ( 2 months + SECURITY DEPOSIT ), so which option
do you prefer ???

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil...."Proverbs 3: 5-7

Looking forward to hearing back from you with all this details ,so that i can have them in my file, in case of issuing your rent payment receipt to you and for contacting you. Your quick response will be highly appreciated ,so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys of my property to you via Express Delivery Services., May GOD bless you and your family.
Regards.

Bertha Torres.

The number associated with this scammer is:
1(972)853-1384

I also got in contact with another one of these scammers.
this is the other email:

dg dg <[email protected]>
10:39 PM (11 hours ago)

to me
Hello, I receive your mail indicating your interest in my home for rent and i hope you are serious about this. Please let me know when you are ready to move in and also indicate if you can take good care of my home cos i made up my mind to sell the house until my lovely wife advised that we keep it for future purpose. right now we are renting and not selling but we would like to leave it into a good hand. I want my property to be well taken good care of, and there are some rules and regulation in which I do give out to tenant who are willing to rent my house so please don't disrespect my order but if you are still capable of renting my house the rules and regulation goes this way, You must keep my house clean including the surrounding, you must know the way in which you use the stove so as to avoid fire outbreak, you must not disturb the neighbor. I decided to rent out the property due to our transfer to (Lagos NIGERIA) on a Missionary Work by my church here, so we are renting it out since we need someone to take good care of the property on our absent.
Have this in mind you must know the kind of person that I'm nevertheless I am giving you this rules because of what corresponded between me and my last tenant. the keys and documents are with us here in lAGOS NIGERIA... So I will need to ship them to you before you can occupy the house But you can drive by the house anytime to take a look at the area and surrounding. For now we are looking for 4 or 5 years lease or rather lets us know how long you wish to stay.
Attn : The rent are including the Utilities are intact such as Dishwasher,Dryer, Electric Stove, Fridge, Washer,Air Condition,Sewage,Trash,all included in the monthly rent,as i am in a governmental programmer that sponsors my utilities on monthly basis etc. Please note that, we are a kind and honest family,that spent a lot on property that is available for rent, so in one accord,we are soliciting for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own. We want you to keep it tidy all the time so that we shall be glad to see it whenever we are around on a visit.
House Address : (6249 N Karlov Ave,Chicago, IL 60646)
============================= PROPERTY DESCRIPTION ====================================
Number of Bedrooms:3
Number of Bathroom:2
Pets are welcome!!!
Monthly Rent: $700 Refundable security Deposit: $700
Total Move In $1400
If you are really interested in renting my home then answer the rental application questions below.
EPhone numbers (home,cell and office line ) # :__________?
Marital Status:__________?
How many proposed occupants :__________?
List all in addition to yourself including approx age :__________?
Present Address :__________?
Will you have pets :__________?
Please describe Breed, size :__________?
Personality of pet :__________?
Preferred move in date :__________?
Intended length of lease:__________?
Do you agree to pay the payment before you move in:__________?
If you are ask to make a down payment to secure the house and take it off market today, How much will you be able to pay:__________?
Length of previous tenancy :__________?
Present occupation :__________?
Are you a section 8 applicant Do you work late night :__________?
Do you smoke :__________?
Do you drink :__________?
Thanks and God bless you.
Regard, Rev Martinez Aregbe
You can also reach me via cell phone (+234 814 412 9932 or +234 817 589 0034

SO FRUSTRATING> SPREAD THE WORD

oh i went on univision classified and thats how i found these guys.
Last edited by Michelle on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Split Topic
Advertisement