Room for Rent and other rental scams
#162776 by Michelle Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:33 am
kelvin scotty <[email protected]>

to Michelle Banks

Hello To Be Tenant,

Thank you very much for your email regarding my apartment, my apartment is still available for rent.Here are some important information about the apartment......The apartment is located at 25/39 Pitt Street, Auckland Central, 1010 Auckland . The apartment is spacious.

FLAT ADDRESS: 25/39 Pitt Street, Auckland Central, 1010 Auckland .
Rooms: One Bedroom
Bathroom: One bathroom and Toilet
Kitchen: Yes
Living room: Yes
Internet: Yes
Amount Rent/week: $150
Amount Rent/month: $600 ( includes utilities)
Furnished: Yes
Min period: 1 Week
Max period: 2 Or More Years
Utility Bills: Already Included
Available: Immediately
Parking space: Yes

Fully Furnished and Self Contained: This spacious 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 car bay apartment . Ideally suited for relocating professionals/corporate staffs and student, the apartment has been finished and equipped to a high standard. The facilities include a 20 metre lap pool, heated outdoor spa, sun lounges, gas barbeques, gym, sauna as well as a games room & bar area.

Features of the property include the following:

*Reverse cycle air conditioner.
*All white goods included: washing machine, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and dryer.
*Granite bench-tops in the kitchen and both bathrooms
*Balcony with superb views
*Under-cover secured car-bay
*Foxtel, broadband, and telephone are all wired up.
*Complex boasts pool, spa, sauna, gym and office work lounge.

Attached are some pictures of how my apartment looks like. Please let me know if you are interested in renting my apartment so we can go further.

Regards.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#163054 by Michelle Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:14 am
kelvin scotty <[email protected]>

to Michelle Banks
Hi,

Thanks so much for the mail....... I will be willing to rent out my apartment to you if only you can promise that you will help me take good care of my apartment in my absence.

For you to get the place reserved we will both sign a rental agreement contract which will be prepared by my lawyer, after your deposit payment which is your first month rent $600 and the security deposit $600 has been confirmed, which will be $1200 altogether .The key is deposited at the DHL office in Auckland international Airport, so if you make the payment, i will send the tracking number to you so that the key can be delivered to your address and you will be able to move in asap .

Do get back to me with the below information so that we can proceed further:

Full Name:
Present Address:
Sex:
Contact Number:
Move In Date:
Move out Date:

I shall be waiting for the above information soonest.

Best Regards

#164065 by Alexxhenry.12 Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:01 am
Hi there Michelle this thing has just recently happened to me i am actually really lost and have been wondering this for a while. Please get back to me As soon as you can I really need help. I think I may have made the biggest mistake of all time. thanks so so much.

Alex
#164066 by Alexxhenry.12 Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:03 am
and yes it is the same person, and he has sent the exact same thing! its ridiculous I have sent money away and have now only realised that maybe he is a SPAM so please help me and get back to me as soon as you can.

Bless
Alex
#261539 by sunnysunshine Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:19 pm
This guy has a history of scamming. Found on flatmates.com.au
The apartment is normally for rent at $230 per week

FLAT ADDRESS: 701/25 Lake Orr Drive Robina QLD 4226.
Rooms: STUDIO APARTMENT ( INCLUDES KITCHEN, BATHROOM & TOILET BEDROOM AND LIVING ROOM ALTOGETHER )
Bathroom: One bathroom and Toilet
Kitchen: Yes
Living room: Yes
Internet: Yes
Amount Rent/week: 150 AUD
Amount Rent/month: 600 AUD ( includes utilities)