Room for Rent and other rental scams
#266686 by kimmy05 Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:54 pm
THE TIMESHARE RENTAL SCAM

We we scammed and THIS GUY hurt our family - New to Criagslist back in June 2015 - please help us get help - we fell victim and learned a hard rental lesson - We were on our way to San Diego, CA for a new job for my family and contacted a supposed rental agent in San Diego, CA renting a Beachside condo for $1000 a month at THE CAPRI BY THE SEA, San Diego...We spent our remaining saving to relocate to CA just to get to the property to find he never showed...this scammer instructed us to do a wal-mart to wal-mart for $850 and then he would meet us with the keys....never happened.....lost job and he stranded us...any help from anyone else..he has blocked all phone contact - saved all text messages from 3 phones and this guy still will not respond

Help us get this guy off the streets -reported to the local PD and FBI - they will not help

If anyone can help or has been info on this guy - please let me know - also money was sent to a

STEPHANIE ROGERS IN LAS VEGAS NV
FRAUD

scammer: THOMAS MORAL - SAN DIEGO, CA - [email protected]
Advertisement

#266741 by Tim Atem Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:08 am
I'm sorry that you were scammed. But unfortunately, the scammers don't use their real identity for these scams and they use other innocent victims to receive the money so that they cannot be traced.

Do file police reports in San Diego as soon as possible giving them any information you have.

Here is more information on how these rental scams work

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=12278

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#266777 by kimmy05 Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:34 am
Thanks so much - our local PD could care less. There is no help against this...and that is so sad which means anyone can steal from all of us and noone can do anything about it

This guy verfied even on facebook pic profile and all living in San Diego - real person
#266806 by Mike Wilson Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:29 pm
Hello kimmy05,
I am sorry to hear that you are a victim of this crime. Pleas post the telephone number(s) and email address if any that was used in this scam. The information will help others who may be searching for information on this fake landlord.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#266807 by kimmy05 Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:00 pm
scammer: THOMAS MORAL - SAN DIEGO, CA - [email protected]

The money was picked up in Las Vegas, NV by his partner

STEPHANIE ROGERS

PHONE NUMBERS: (323)989-4076

THIS GUY IS VERIFIED ON FACEBOOK TOO

https://www.facebook.com/thomas.moralex
I just want this guy brought to justice - he stole $850 from me - how many others are out there that he took from
Last edited by kimmy05 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#266809 by Mike Wilson Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:48 pm
Thank you for posting the information.

I seriously doubt that the person who stole you money is in San Diego. He is an African scammer that is using stolen images and running multiple scams.

Check this thread viewtopic.php?f=13&p=264196

The telephone number (818) 850-3567 is a Google Voice VoIP number from North Hollywood, CA. Since it is a computer based number the scammer can be located anywhere in the world that has high speed internet access.

The telephone number (323) 989-4076 is another Google Voice number from LA California.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#266810 by kimmy05 Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:13 pm
When I spoke to him he was foreign - he had a lady in Las Vegas pick up the money

Her name

STEPHANIE ROGERS

I cant get any help from the DA - PD or FBI

Its just one more person that got away with it - I hate Craigslist
#266815 by Bryon Williams Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:30 pm
I am sorry you are a victim of this fraud.

As earlier pointed out scammers do not use their real name.

When you send money via Western Union, Moneygram or a Reload card a scammer can pick it up anywhere in the world. If by chance it was picked up here in the US it was probably another victim of the scammer who thinks they have an online job.

You can also report it to IC3 http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Craigslist had nothing to do with the scam.

ETA: You can not catch the thief. He is using fake details. Even if he did use real information. Our Law Enforcement can not cross boarders. The scammer is in a corrupt country where he could simply bribe his LE.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#266817 by Bryon Williams Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:44 pm
gmail strips the IP. The IP will be of the email provider.

The scammer is most likely in West Africa. There is nothing that can be done.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/