Room for Rent and other rental scams
#267911 by nedal Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:46 am
Hi guys,

I am surprised that these scams have been going on for some time. I got a very nice offer for a flat, from a girl who pretended to have located out of Brussels. I was surprised at this rate for this type of flat (city centre/80m/furnished/ 600 Euro+deposit of 800). Then I got another offer with similar story. Glad I checked with you guys before I paid anything.
I am wondering what is the right thing to do now, I can pretend that I am still interested until the moment that they ask for the money, but how do I get the police involved, would they actually follow through in london or elsewhere to get those guys?
I know that although these people might be different that the ones who pulled this scam, but I guess it would be nice to see them caught. Please advise on how to proceed.
Advertisement

#267912 by Bryon Williams Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:02 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post all the email addresses used and a couple of emails they sent you.

This will help others if they search by emails or phrases in the script.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#267913 by nedal Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:12 am
Forgot to mention that both used craigslist.be for this.
From [email protected]
My apartment is Newly Furnished And Comfortable Two Bedroom Apartment, I'm willing to rent it out due to my relocation, as you can see all the Furnitures are still New, it is available for long / short term rent, located at 31 avenue Louise, Brussels 1050, Belgium quiet, clean and safe area in central Brussels, it's fully furnished with pillow ,blankets and wardrobe kitchen with all set spoon,plates,pots,pans,living room that has broadband Internet, TV,Land line phone, clear bathrooms and toilets with well equipped kitchen that has modern facilities such as microwave, oven,refrigerator,washing machine, dish washer. The monthly fee requested is 500EUR pcm it include all bills, the security deposit that will be refund after your stay is 800EUR.

If you are interested in my apartment, kindly let me know and we can move on with the necessary arrangement.

With regards,

LUDY

From [email protected]
Thanks for the much interest you have towards renting my apartment. I am willing to rent this my apartment out due to my relocation to London. It is available for long and short term rent.

My apartment is a very attractive apartment it is well furnished and i hope you will like it.the apartment is at Zuidstraat 118, 1000 Brussels, Belgium few mins walk to shops, and it in is a very good area and has a very attractive living room, and has a fireplace and adjacent to the livingroom and there is a well furnished and well equipped kitchen with a fridge, microwave and cooker. A washing machine and a separate dryer in the utility cupboard adjacent to the bathroom.

The bedroom has a bath with shower,A vanity unit with separate W.C. and the bedroom is well furnished, and have good looking doors. Cable TV and Internet is included in the rental price (2 minutes walk to the nearest supermarket).

The neighborhood is known for its friendliness, safety and is host to many different expatriate families..

I believe you will like the apartment the rent is EUR500 + EUR100 for all of your charges (Internet, electricity, water, taxe d'habition, bldg maintenance - everything) per month which include all bills and the security deposit which will be refund after your stay in the apartment is EUR800.

I look forward to hear from you.

Regards,
Mannies