Room for Rent and other rental scams
#268777 by Michelle Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:28 am
Sent by [email protected]

Hi,
Thanks for getting back with your interest, since you haven't found a place - In this email, you will know little about me and more details of the apartment. I'm Sharon Bexton by name, I am 27 years old, am mixed, half British and Italian,I have just graduated in Tourism. I decided to study in Berlin because my father works with the health organization in Berlin and he want me to be close to him since am the only child. I am open to living with anyone, males ,females, couples, doesn't matter. I enjoy cooking..I am extremely clean, quiet and respectful, I am sensitive,intelligent, patient and caring. The apartment contain 2 bedrooms flat, each room with bedroom, private bathroom...The apartment located in Quiet environment, central location - here you can live in a quiet area, the beautiful city park is only once across the street. A visit is worth it!. In the immediate vicinity you will find small shops such as bakeries and kiosks, in small travel distance and the large supermarkets nationally known "ring center". In 2-3 minutes you are in the beautiful city park Lichtenberg invites you to linger, jogging and picnicking and not as crowded as other Berlin Grünanalagen is. Who "szenig" trubelig and internationally will run, or runs (with the M13 approximately 5 minutes) in the directly adjacent district of Friedrichshain, where found a diverse selection of bars, clubs and other hot spots. Public transport is two tram lines attached directly and reach the large S + U Frankfurter Allee in under 5 minutes....,the U5 underground station is just a few steps. In minutes you will un Alexanderplatz in 10 minutes at the main station.

Features:
Bedroom : 13.5FT x 10.9FT,(FITS KING SIZE BED)
Living room: 14.10FT x 13.1FT
Kitchen: 13.6FT x 11.2FT
Bathroom: 4.10FT x 5.3FT

*UTILITIES + A/C
*WLAN internet facilities, Cable, A/C,Internet 24/7 etc included.
*Laundry in building ( washing machine, dryers)

- 12 ft ceilings
- large living room with working, exposed brick fireplace
- full kitchen including toaster,dishwasher, freezer, fridge, microwave
- full bathroom including shower, bath tub
- terrace furniture, private parking, lift,
- large private roof with barbecue and hammock
- elevator building
- storage space for bikes, luggage, equipment, etc
- high speed internet, cable + DVR

Attractions:
restaurants, pubs, disco, café, park, market,cinema,shopping, fitness

The basic I'm asking for is the first month rent and the security deposit while the subsequent rents will be paid as each month stay passes by. Utilities included in the rent are phone, gas, electricity, heater and hot water etc.

Address: Niederbarnimstraße 24, 10247 Friedrichshain, Berlin
Rent: €280
Refundable Security Deposit: €420
Available: Now
Minimum stay: 1 Month
Maximum stay: As long as you like but a maximum of a year contract at a stretch.

Preferred flatmate description:
Smoker: Doesn't matter
Orientation: Doesn't matter

Let me know if the details above suit you so that we can take things from there and you can tell me little about you.

Regards

Sharon

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement