Room for Rent and other rental scams
#271051 by Michelle Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:25 pm
Subject: How serious are you!!
To: Michelle Bnaks

Hello to you Dear,
Thanks for your mail, and It's really nice to know that you have an interest in my room..But firstly the apartment is located at: Hessische Strasse 5 10115 Berlin Germany............, let me introduce my self..My name is Anna Sokolova,I am 27 yrs of age and i'm German and half Ukrainian.i am easy going, clean tidy,non smoker female. The house formally belongs to my late father that formally work with the British Embassy here in Germany until his death and he has passed the house to my mother through his will. I am a degree holder of dance because that was what i studied in England for three years and currently working with an Airline which enables me to travel alot and i as well attend language school when am not working..The most important thing is that, am looking for someone to share daily live and common value. so the ideal person i will like to share my apartment with must be a neat,tidy, trust worthy person, and there must be a proof that he or she can pay for the monthly rent.The Apartment has three room, i currently occupy
one, the second room is for rent, while the third room is regarded as the visitor's room. So the only thing we will have to share together is the kitchen and the living room if that is OK with you... The apartment is located at the center of the city, which is very close to the Central Subway line and as well to the Buses lines that makes the apartment to be accessible. but i can describe the location as perfect central area as the House is in a cool quiet vicinity, because the house is not close to major busy roads. The apartment has Washing machine, Dryer,DVD, TV connected to cable for international stations, and there is Internet Connection via wireless, LAN and Broadband. so you can come along with your computer if you have one... The apartment has parking space that can contain two Cars, and there is no need for you to bring in any furniture as the apartment is well furnished and each room has window blinds,Bed spread with Bathroom and Toilet.but
you can as well come along with your furniture if you so wish..Minimum duration in the apartment is one month and long term stay is welcome in the apartment. The price for the room:Euro 300 for monthly rent.. (all bills included).Euro 500 Security Deposit ( it will be refunded back to you on your move-out date). Mode of payment will always be in cash but your first payment will be paid directly to my Family Lawyer who's very well trusted(Tony Martial) for security reasons and for proper procedure. To rent or secure the room, you will have to book for it as soon as possible by paying for a month rent fee(first month) and the security deposit in order to be sure of your interest to reserve the room for you and for your selected date.The fact is that, the room is still available, but you have to do this on time. because there are people that are still contacting me about the room. so i really need to be sure
of your interest in order to reserve the room for you. but it depends on your seriousness as regard having the room..However, if you are seriously interested in renting the room you will have to make your commitment directly to my Family Lawyer,who's name is Tony Martial and well trusted like i mentioned previously currently in England) via Bank to Bank Transfer or Wire Transfer. but Before your Payment to my Family Lawyer, I will like to have the following information that we enable my Family Lawyer prepare the Tenant Agreement Contract Form which you and I will have to Come to an Agreement by signing the Contract as Landlord and Tenant and you will then come along with your copy of the Signed Contract on your move-in date..and i hope you understand ...1. Your actual moving-in and moving-out date...?2.Your current home address...?(The purpose of the address is to enable me send a copy of the Agreement form to you, which you will have to bring along on
your move-in date)3. A copy of your picture...? About the signing of the Tenant Agreement Contract that will be prepared by my Family Lawyer will be after your commitment by making the deposit so that we can be sure of your seriousness in renting the room in order to reserve the room for you and i will also have to sign that i have received some certain amount from you for the rent and security deposit,so the receipt of your payment will be attached to the Document for future reference and for security purpose which is the proper procedure.. So let me have your details before you proceed with the payment then we sign the Contract to finalize the procedure and contact the family lawyer on +447031924443 .and to show you i am dealing with you in total honesty i have sent a copy of my I.D for you to be sure..

Regards.

Anna

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement