Room for Rent and other rental scams
#35241 by krich4 Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:54 pm
Hello, I have been looking for apartments on craigslist for the past few weeks now, and thanks to this site i was saved from a scam with the "Pastor steven Baldrey". Once i found out that this was a scam, i realized that almost all of the rest of the emails i received from people were the same thing. I am now only contacting the people who post their phone numbers and seeing the apartment before I give any of my information out.

the other spammers that contacted me were as follows:

Gail G. - [email protected] < she is looking for a credit report from a website ( http://bit.ly/aptapp11 )

Anderson Samuel - [email protected] < he wants you to contact his wife, this is the same scam as the Baldrey one
Jack Knowles - [email protected] <same as above with phone # +2348023669488 or 0112348023669488. (note they are the same #)

Shown Hung - [email protected] < same as above

Kayla Shears - [email protected] < same as above.

Its sad how many of the people on craigslist are spammers. i even reported some of these, but no one has replied back to me and it has been a week now.
Advertisement

#35247 by Arnold Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:55 am
HI AND welcome to Scamwarners.

krich4 wrote: I am now only contacting the people who post their phone numbers and seeing the apartment before I give any of my information out.

That's the only safe way.
It's so easy to place adverts online, and I'm sure Craigslist, Gumtree, etc are fighting a losing battle.