Room for Rent and other rental scams
#35335 by lie_narvarte Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:56 pm
Hello, this is one of the rental scammer named Mary Lanham, please be aware!!!

Thanks for the response to my introductory mail; I really do appreciate the breakdown details of the room. I'll be so glad if you can reserve the room for me as I’ll love to rent the place. I am a humanitarian officer involved in projects that includes orphans, orphanages, heart related diseases in children between the ages of 7-8yrs.I will be staying for a minimum of 4 - 5months.

Am 27 years old from Belarus, I don't drink nor smoke but I’m cool living with people that do, no pets and no boyfriend because I am a very busy woman. I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much, I'm quiet and easy going type of person to live with. I always love to go on date but seldom party. I swim for fun and sometimes play tennis.

I like the job because we are working in collaboration with the World Health Organization,hospital,health centers,medical and other health related institutions, it also involves travelling which is one of my hobbies, I must confess I’m comfortable with the cost of the room and it’s quite reasonable and affordable. I will like to make the payment for the first month ahead of my arrival, and then I will make subsequent payment thereafter as I plan to stay for more than 4months,I've told my boss about this and he promised to make sure that he will meet up with the payment so that I can depart from here as scheduled. He also said I will have the advantage to make payment for deposit .I should arrive to the United States on before 30th of August.....So please keep room for me till my arrival. He also said my mode of payment will be the most acceptable, easier, safer and reliable means of payment which is United State Certified money order so please let me know if this mode of payment is ok by you.
If YES please provide me with the following information to get the payment to you. Your full name as it will appear on the payment, your work place address to ensure delivery in your hands through regular mails or a courier service, your phone number on the package to avoid package missing in transit. I will prefer to send to your work address because you will always be available at work from morning till evening but if home address it will be sitting in your mail and no one will be at home to receive the package and if you don't receive package at your office address then I guess your home address will be good for the delivery right? But to avoid any delay of you receiving at home then I guess work address will be fine what do you think ? Kindly get back to me with this requested address contact information so that we can precede bye for now.......Mary
Advertisement