Room for Rent and other rental scams
#35349 by Con Warner Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:44 am
Greetings ,

Thanks for the email you send to me regarding my apartment. My name is Tiffany Lindo the owner of the 2 Bedroom Apartment you are making inquiry of, I've had so many responses so far, I require rent deposit. The rent includes water, garbage and all utilities in the apartment. My company sent me overseas and will probably be between India ,Canada & UK for another year or so. And i will be representing the company at the conference in Canada Named : IBMM2010 - 17th International Conference on Ion Beam Modification of Materials. The last tenants I had just moved out and my family and friends all live on the east coast so I don't have anyone available to show the place but I can send you pictures of the interior after you have fill out the rental application form and I will ship you the keys and papers.

Here is the Apartment address: 14333 Saratoga Avenue #22, Saratoga CA 95070...Ready for immediate move-in! You can drive down there to take a look at it...i will be willing to rent my Apartment out for the maximum of 5-8 years. I personally had wanted to sell the Apartment earlier on. But after long time deliberation between me and my Husband Joseph, we finally agreed on renting out the Apartment, because it was initially to be sold. But I really want you to take good care of the Apartment, as if it were your own Apartment.

When do you intend to move in, I will be taking 1 or 2-month upfront payment which means the first and second month’s fee? The Apartment including some utilities (Water, Internet and Garbage). You can go ahead and fill out the rent application form so that will can proceed further and discuss on how to get the keys and papers sent to you via DHL,here is the Rent Application Form Below..

==========RENT APPLICATION FORM ==========
PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Answer these questions below:

1) Your Full Name :

2) Present Address & Phone Number :

3) How old are you :

4) Are you married :

5) What number of people are living in the Apartment :

6) Do you have a pet :

7) Do you have a car :

8) Occupation :

9) How long are you willing to stay :

10) When do you intend to move in :

11) 1 month Or 2 month deposit needed :

12) Pictures of all the Occupant that will stay in my Apartment :

Pet allows.

The information above will be use to prepare the rental agreement, rent receipts and other documents. Make sure the correct information is type. Do reply with both cell & Apartment number. Am going to call you if your application form has been accepted or call me after filling the rental application form. A package containing the housing documents, property address with full description. Including the direction to the place and keys will be ship to you once we both agreed with the term and condition. Call me once you fill out the application form. Here is my contact number: 250-826-8405. I will be expecting your call to know how serious you are in renting my Apartment and if you email me with your phone number and i will give you a call asap.

Thanks & God Bless

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union with a promise that he will send the keys
through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of
time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union payment to a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this
thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from
'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a
scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list
them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement