Room for Rent and other rental scams
#35353 by dutchiegirl Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:57 am
again in my search for a room in Paris through craigslist i got a lot of 'strange' reactions.
Here is another one from chris pavlina:

'Thanks for the email. I own the house and also want you to know that it was due to my transfer to West Africa (Nigeria), that makes us to leave the house and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean all the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own. So for now, We are here in West Africa and will be staying here for the next 2 years in our new house and also with the keys of the house for rent, we try to look for an agent that we can give this documents and the keys before we left but could not find, and we as well do not want our house to be used any how in our absence that is why we took it along with us. I and my wife came over to Africa for a missionary work, so i hope you will promise us that you will take very good care of the house. So get back to me on how you could take care of our house or perhaps experience you have in renting home. Hope you are okay with the price of 500 euro per month including the total utilities.include dishwasher, gas stove/oven,large refrigerator and microwave. They are all included in the rent while you will be making a security deposit of 500 euro making a total sum of 1000 euro.

You could give me a call on +234-7062196628

My house is located at : 17 Rue du Cardinal Lemoine, 75005, Paris, France

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE
RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW.

Full Name—————
Full Address ———-
Phone number——–
City———————–
State———————-
zip code——————-
Occupation————-
Age————————
Sex————————
Religion——————
email Address———
Fax Number————
marriage Status——-
Picture If Available—-
How many months deposit you will be paying for——————–

And Let me Know How many Month or Years You are Willing to Rent my Apartment–

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this.

Thanks and Remain Blessed.
Regards '

Quotes added for clarity - Michelle
Advertisement