Room for Rent and other rental scams
#35390 by Con Warner Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:01 pm
Subject: Re: EUR500 Offering to share A large, well presented 2 bedroom
To: Con Warner

Hello Con Warner,
Thanks so so much for the signifying your interest in my vacant room in Paris, i so much appreciate it and i'll be able to give your more details about the flat.My name is Lesly Lewis,26yrs, i like traveling, going out non smoker, ..... Looking for someone independent, friendly, open minded. I have a huge two rooms to rent, the rooms are fully furnished, all the bill are included, gas, electricity, water, telephone, Internet wireless.

The apartment is located at 20,rue Auber 75009 Paris.the room is available from August 2010 so once we have get concluded i will be able to reserve it till when moving in. each room has a very bid bed that cansleep two people with a television connected to cable,a small refrigerator apart from a big freezer in the kitchen a private bathroom with toilet drawer,however the apartment itself has the following for your benefit:a big living room fully furnished with a television connected to cable,internet facility available.apartment located on the ground floor. Comprising fitted kitchen with appliances, lounge with feature fireplace, double bedrooms with fitted cupboards and brand new fullytiled bathroom with bath and shower. Gas central heating.. Stripped wood floors & tiled floor surfaces throughout..... Rent to include all bills. Situated close to an excellent selection of shops, bars and restaurants in Paris.The rent is €500 and €500. for the refundable security deposit.

I've attached to the mail some pictures of the flat and i hope that you will love it?Thanks while waiting to read from you.
Regards,
Lesly Lewis

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union with a promise that he will send the keys
through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of
time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union payment to a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this
thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from
'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a
scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list
them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#37536 by tartifola Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:40 am
FIRST MAIL
Hello Tartifola,Thanks so so much for the signifying your interest in my vacant room in Paris, i so much appreciate it and i'll be able to give your more details about the flat.My name is Lesly Lewis,26yrs female, i like traveling, going out non smoker, ..... Looking for someone independent, friendly, open minded. I have a huge two rooms to rent, the rooms are fully furnished, all the bill are included, gas, electricity, water, telephone, Internet wireless. The apartment is located at 20,rue Auber 75009 Paris.the room is available from September 2010 so once we have get concluded i will be able to reserve it till when moving in. each room has a very bid bed that can sleep two people with a television connected to cable,a small refrigerator apart from a big freezer in the kitchen a private bathroom with toilet drawer,however the apartment itself has the following for your benefit:a big living room fully furnished with a television connected to
cable,internet facility available.apartment located on the ground floor. Comprising fitted kitchen with appliances, lounge with feature fireplace, double bedrooms with fitted cupboards and brand new fullytiled bathroom with bath and shower. Gas central heating.. Stripped wood floors & tiled floor surfaces throughout..... Rent to include all bills. Situated close to an excellent selection of shops, bars and restaurants in Paris.The rent is €500 and €600. for the refundable security deposit.
I've attached to the mail some pictures of the flat and i hope that you will love it?.Thanks while waiting to read from you.Regards,Lesly

and he/she got also offended when I informed him/her that I wrote to this site

SECOND ONE
What kind of person are you?how one earth will you say that without me asking you for money or anything like that.you really pissed me off

Thanks again

PS: is everything ok with personal details?
#37544 by David Jansen Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:40 am
Welcome here tartifola.

Don't worrie about your personal details. When you stopped writing to this scammer, he'll loose interest in you anyway. Your personal details are also available in the phone book.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.