Room for Rent and other rental scams
#273444 by Bryon Williams Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:37 pm
Simone Feierabend < [email protected] > wrote:
Hi,

If you want to talk about the apartment I would like it to be in English. Sorry if I was late with the answer but I have a very demanding job and I wasn't able to access a computer until now so I am sorry if I've replied too late. I have arrived in Nepal 2 weeks ago in a rescue operation and it looks like I will have to stay here for a while. I work for Feed The Children (http://www.feedthechildren.org) which is a mission organization.

I am still renting the apartment and I want to make the contract for 12-24 months for the beginning. The apartment is fully furnished now but it could be unfurnished in a couple of hours at your request. I am the owner of the property and I’m looking for a long leaser. It doesn’t matter if is a student or a worker as long as you take care of my house as it’s your own. I would like to mention pets are welcome. Here you have more details about the apartment:

Property description

Near the Rhine, excl. 3-room flat. in quiet residential area (dead end), attractive house entrance in granite, parking in front of the door, a separate bicycle storage room and washing / drying room, washing machine connection in the bathroom available, large south-west sunny balcony m. Wooden floorboards, double-wing u. I floor to ceiling windows. Living room, bright attractive rooms, spacious hall m. Closet m. large glass door wing separation z. living / dining area.

High quality beech laminate in all living rooms, attractive white bathroom, Bath 1: Wall-mounted toilet, sink, shower / bath 2 bath double vanity, bidet, wall-hung toilet, washing machine connection, electric shutters with timer, lockable window handles, floor heating, white fitted kitchen in L shape with dishwasher.

Near the Rhine, just a few hundred meters on foot Golzheim from the River Rhine is the apartment in an architecturally very attractive property in a quiet cul de sac, yet centrally located in the preferred neighborhood Golzheim.
The paths to the shopping street "Nordstraße" are just as short as the city center and easily accessible by the nearby public transportation.

Floor 1

Living area 105 m²

Room 3

Bedroom 2

Bathrooms 1

Year 1995

Rent: 650 EUR/month (Heating, water, internet are included in the rental price)

Security deposit: 650 EUR

Address: Meineckestr. 48b, 40474 Düsseldorf/Golzheim

Pics: http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/simon ... Dusseldorf

Kind regards

Hi,

I've found a safe and quick way for you to receive the keys in less than 3 days. The solution is a company called Airbnb which will handle payment and delivery of the keys. I want to inform you that Airbnb will hold the funds until you confirm that you like the apartment and you want to keep the keys. If you do not like it, you will simply have to return the keys and Airbnb will refund the money to you and the keys will be sent back to me. Airbnb will require the amount for two months of rent - 1300 EUR (1 month rent + 1 month security deposit) - so they can proceed with the shipment of the keys and the contract.

1. The tenant and landlord agree the access date, the total rent plus the amount for the deposit (Deposit is one month rent).
2. The tenant pays the deposit to airbnb.com, not to the landlord. Airbnb.com notifies landlord that the funds were received.
3. The tenant, upon arriving in the accommodation, notifies airbnb.com if something is wrong and if the rent should not be approved for payment.
4. If there is no issues with the accommodation, Airbnb will transfer the funds to the landlord.

After confirming the transaction, Airbnb will contact us with payment and shipping details. Then, you must complete the payment and send the money transfer information to Airbnb.
Airbnb verifies the information and if everything is in order, they will proceed with shipping of the package (keys+contract)
If you do not like the apartment, the company will refund your money and you have to send back the keys and the contract on my expense.
Now I have to know for sure if you agree with these terms, because many people are interested in having this apartment rented. If you agree, I need to know your full name and address, the access date you want to enter in the apartment, so I can start the transaction.

Thanks for your interest and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement