Room for Rent and other rental scams
#275428 by JMidk53 Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:57 am
SCAM EMAIL ADDRESS from craigslist add : [email protected]
I was told do not contact Realtor which was a red flag. So i googled the address contacted the realtor and they told me it was only for sale through their agents not saling for an individual. Here is what the scammer has emailed me.
Please be aware of this.

On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 11:55 PM, good Home <[email protected]> wrote:

You are welcome, It is good to hear from you . I may not be returning to the house because we plan buying another house upon arrival. You can call or text me on (011-234-812-235-8892 or +234-812-235-8892) Below are some questions I need you to answer so that we can discuss further.

RENT QUESTIONNAIRE

1)Your Full Name______________________________
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number______________________________
3)Marital Status?___________________________________________
4)How many people will be living in the house_________________________
5)Do you have a pet______________________________
6)Do you have a car______________________________
7)Occupation______________________________
8)When will you like to move in?_____________________________
9)How long are you willing to stay in the property________________
10)When are you ready to Move In?________________
11) How many months rent can you pay upfront? Minimum ( 1month +
SECURITY DEPOSIT ) or ( 2 months + SECURITY DEPOSIT ), so which option
do you prefer ??? ________________
12)Earliest possible date of deposit?_____________

Looking forward to hearing back from you with all this details so that i can have them in my file in case of issuing your rent payment receipt to you and for contacting you. Your quick response will be highly appreciated so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys of my property to you via Express Delivery Services. May GOD bless you and your family.

Regards.

On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 4:09 PM, good Home <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house now that we are not around. Myself and Wife just travelled to West Africa for a program called SERVING IN MISSION (SIM), you can view the link for more info: (http://www.sim.org/index.php/content/our-purpose).

We will be away for 2 to 3 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my house for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it. However, my initial plan was to sell the house but it was not successful because the Realtor raised the price which made it difficult for me to sell before leaving the States so never mind if you see the for sale sign in front of the house, It has already been taken off the market as for sale so there is no need to contact any Realtor.

Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?

FEATURES : Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.
AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Fireplace, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

Rental Price: $800 per month and security Deposit is $800 (Security Deposit is Refundable) Utilities included in monthly rent
Pets are Welcome.
Below is the address to the house:
(10127 Carlow Ln, La Porte, TX 77571)

Get back to me so i can forward you the rent questionnaire i would want you to fill out.

Regards.
Mr & Mrs Robert Lanre
Last edited by Michelle on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Split topic
Advertisement

#291049 by Molamola Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:54 am
Changed to Sweet Home. I am SO GLAD that I googled that odd name, and found this site!! I reported this guy to Craigs list already. 4/8/16 here
#291052 by Molamola Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:14 am
I googled a nearly too true to be real, and found this place! The man claims the name Robert Lanre, on Craigs list. and I filled out his questionnaire, no important info given.. and then found the same questionnaire here!!

I contacted Craigs list already.

Wow, glad I googled!
#291057 by Tim Atem Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:17 pm
Thank you for reporting this scammer. Can you post his contact information as well as the email he sent you (with your personal information removed).

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5